VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Has Anyone Done This Before? (JRon24)

Quote »
a real poor man couldnd afford adapters

well IF they even exist and they are too expensive i will get some made (i have a good connection)
Quote, originally posted by JRon24 »
So...there's like a centercap or something right?

least of my worries, that could be made easily.

· Registered
8,394 Posts
real poor mans bbs's would be profiles at pepboys $199 for 4 babay

Modified by lehr leistung at 1:34 AM 9-9-2005

· Registered
8,394 Posts
Re: (Nevertheless)

2 bad your adapters are gonna be more than those..... for one pair
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

· Registered
20,713 Posts
Re: Has Anyone Done This Before? (Nevertheless)

Quote, originally posted by Nevertheless »
that is my concern. i think the offset is around 12mm, and this is where my knowledge runs out as to what will fit my car.

thinnest adapter anyone will make is 20 mm so that gives you and offset of - 8 youll be sitting mexican lowrider stylz

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (lehr leistung)

Quote, originally posted by lehr leistung »
2 bad your adapters are gonna be more than those..... for one pair
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

well if it works out then i will be impressed, it was just an idea that a friend and i came up with. if it doesnt work i already have wheels that im loving.
ps. read what i wrote above about adapters.

· Registered
20,713 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Nevertheless »

well if it works out then i will be impressed, it was just an idea that a friend and i came up with. if it doesnt work i already have wheels that im loving.
ps. read what i wrote above about adapters.

thinnest adapter anyone will make is 20 mm(safest minimum thickness) so that gives you and offset of -8 youll be sitting mexican lowrider stylz even if you can get someone to make you a 10mm adapter (which woule be et 2, massive poke), which would be about as safe as gluing those to your hub , it isnt going to work

· Registered
996 Posts

Why not just get the 5 bolt brake rotors and rear drums???

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (-DOOMED-)

Quote, originally posted by -DOOMED- »
thinnest adapter anyone will make is 20 mm(safest minimum thickness) so that gives you and offset of -8 youll be sitting mexican lowrider stylz even if you can get someone to make you a 10mm adapter (which woule be et 2, massive poke), which would be about as safe as gluing those to your hub , it isnt going to work

ok well just how much poke would there be with say a -2 offset? (pictures)

· Banned
37,162 Posts

just drill your hubs/rotors it is very cheap and any machine shop should be able to do it. and you wont have to worry about a retarded offset or "mexican low rider stylz"

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Polizei_99)

Quote, originally posted by Polizei_99 »
just drill your hubs/rotors it is very cheap and any machine shop should be able to do it. and you wont have to worry about a retarded offset or "mexican low rider stylz"

hah yeah i didnt read what you wrote until i posted that. i didnt know about that option, and it sounds like a good one! thanks man

ps. about how much would that cost?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.