VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just got my race tickets for the checker auto parts 500 race in phoenix.... i also got my plane tickets and hotel... just curious what i should do for transportation to and from the track? having trouble finding some sort of a shuttle.... i really don't want to drive. kind of a random stupid question but I'd like to finish booking my trip this afternoon. thank you!

179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: has anyone gone to a nascar race? i need some help planning mine.... (VWralley)

Quote, originally posted by VWralley »
sorry

no worries... it is turning out to be a pretty cheap weekend... i have been wanting to see a nascar race live for a while now... and i have been wanting to visit phoenix... so it works out well... i can't stand watching it on tv... so i figured i'll have some good old fashioned ******* fun and see it live.

· Registered
845 Posts
Re: has anyone gone to a nascar race? i need some help planning mine.... (jesuschristrockstar.)

Quote, originally posted by jesuschristrockstar. »
thanks for the help dickwad.

yeah because comments like that will just make everyone bend over backwards to help you out!

· Registered
2,836 Posts
It should be pretty good. My bro and my parents went to the Indy 500 practice runs just for sh*ts and giggles, they said it was awesome. I say take a taxi to get as close as possible, then walk the rest of the way. Plus, BYOB.

179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (bliznack)

Quote, originally posted by bliznack »
It should be pretty good. My bro and my parents went to the Indy 500 practice runs just for sh*ts and giggles, they said it was awesome. I say take a taxi to get as close as possible, then walk the rest of the way. Plus, BYOB.

taxi might be spendy... i think the track is about 20ish miles from the airport and my hotel is right near the airport... i know there has got to be shuttle services, just not sure where to look... i've heard that it is a blast to see in person.... so i'll give it a shot... i got seats with a perfect few of turn 4 (last turn) and the cars entering pit row.... anything is fun with enough of these

· Registered
3,292 Posts
Re: (jesuschristrockstar.)

I used to live in FLA and I've been to many NASCAR races in Daytona and one in Charlotte.
Great in person, chitty on TV.
I don't know the rules in Phoenix but at Daytona you can bring a cooler of beer as long as it isn't longer than 14".

179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Dirt McGirt)

Quote, originally posted by Dirt McGirt »
I used to live in FLA and I've been to many NASCAR races in Daytona and one in Charlotte.
Great in person, chitty on TV.
I don't know the rules in Phoenix but at Daytona you can bring a cooler of beer as long as it isn't longer than 14".

good to know. thank you! i have nextel and when you dial 411 you can get all the nascar event info... they couldn't help me with transportation though. pretty cool they offer that service though.

· Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: has anyone gone to a nascar race? i need some help planning mine.... (jesuschristrockstar.)

Quote, originally posted by jesuschristrockstar. »
just curious what i should do for transportation to and from the track? having trouble finding some sort of a shuttle....

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.