VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are looking for an adventure to plan for and accomplish in 2011 or 2012, the the La Carrera Panamericana has really peaked our interest. Has anyone tried this? Do you know of anything else that would be similarly fun?
We are both car people and would have no problem setting up and taking a car for the traditional 1965 or older, but would rather set one of our VWs (or our Subaru) to run in the unlimited class. The only real stumbling block for us is the details. More specifically, we would like nothing better than to register and show up at the starting point with our prepared car, spare parts, a handful of cash for drinks and more parts. Could it be that easy?
Thank you for any advice or stories that you may have.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Has anyone here run the La Carrera Panamericana? (Sportster)

Hi Sportster,
I have not until now. This looks (i) like a much better run/managed event, (ii) it is a lot closer to us, and (iii) no need for guns!
I have to imagine that we could learn a lot by volunteering in 2010 while we finish our car...
Have you participated in any way?
Tim

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: Has anyone here run the La Carrera Panamericana? (evansair)

Our plans were side tracked the last two years with another racce series, but we hope to one day participate. I have several friends that have participated as either drivers or crew and they just love it.

·
Registered
8,076 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
La Carrera Panamericana race

It will not be that easy to participate in this race.
We have a Datsun 260 Z in the historic B for rent in 2012.
For more details, please contact me a [email protected]

Pascual Piccolo

·
Registered
94 Posts
Targa newfoundland is a great event to spectate or participate in. I live in newfoundland in st. john's where the rally starts. 2010 was our first year competeing and we will be again in 2011.

It would be well woth your trip in whatever car you decide to bring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts