VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm looking to install an oil pressure gauge and oil temperature gauge in my 2005 Golf Mk.IV with Pumpe Düse (BEW) engine, but not really sure where to put the sensors. Has anyone here done these mods? Can you post pics of where/how you connected the sensors?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
maybe google for the "42DD oil pressure relocation kit VW MKIV" and hopefully there are still some posting with pic of that installs... you'll needed to get a different sensor for your gauges, the factory one is a oil pressure switch I think... at least for the mkiv it is. and you needed to tap into and split the oil pressure switch ... Apparently there are two different thread size between the oil pressure switch and oil pressure sensors... (M10x1.0 or 1/8 NPT) Since they (42DD) have some how discontinued that kit (not sure why)... so you'll have to find alternative to something similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll check that! I was thinking of using this Oil Press/ Temp Adapter (Mk4 ALH) which was recommended to me by Kerma, but I'm trying to figure out exactly where it goes in the engine compartment. I'm feeling kind of dumb I found the oil pressure sensor on the filter housing, but I guess I'm not convinced it will all fit? lol

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I would call them and verify the hole threads fits ... like said there are the M10 threads and the 1/8 npt threads and I have no idea what the thermal couple is... besides that you might be missing that extension...

·
Registered
1990 Cabriolet, 2004 VW Golf TDI
1,212 Posts
I'd love to see what you come up with on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts