VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

I'm curious if anyone within the Chicagoland area has swapped their analog dash to the new Active Info Display (digital cockpit) and, if so, which dealership they used. The few dealerships within the western suburbs that I have access to have all flatly refused saying that it cannot be done.

I have a 2016 Golf Sportwagen TSI SEL with Driver Assist and Lighting package. I have MIB2 Pro w/navigation with the Fender audio system (apparently all of these options have a bearing on how the retrofit is accomplished).

I'm looking for a dealership to complete the ODIS coding (remove security code from the display, code for all functionality of the AID with my head unit and also enter in the correct odometer reading.

I've priced the components and have found the lowest price from Parts Vortex for ~$950 . . . the remaining vendors are around ~$1100. I'd still need to purchase a splitter separately on eBay (~$40)

I'm following the VWVortex thread titled "Active Info Display (AID) DIY Retrofit Guide for Golf Alltrack" and I see several members from other regions that have successfully completed the swap. I'd love to tell my wife that I'm stepping out to run a small "errand", driving from Chicago area to Vancouver Island (Nuje) but I think she'd get suspicious after being gone for several days . . . just kidding!

·
Registered
41 Posts
ODIS coding

Man I'm trying to find a dealership in GA who even knows what they're looking at when they log into ODIS to code my min 2 to my 2015 jetta. (take it in the back for 3 hours hooked up to odis and tell me it can't see the radio modules or that it's even installed in my car)...kinda s**t is that!? Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.