VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Re: has anyone put a turbo on a stock digifiant 2 motor, if so post pics (Mk2_Stylez)

I hope that nobody has, Digi 2 will never properly run a turbo setup. The motor can handle it fine though as long as you lower the compression a little. I have a G60 engine that I put a turbo on, but it sure as hell isnt running digi2.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: has anyone put a turbo on a stock digifiant 2 motor, if so post pics (JettaMatt)

can i hear a really really lean motor then a gasp for fuel and then a piston welding itself to the cylinder wall...ahhh a fresh morning breeze..

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Re: (jaybong)

Well your options for a ECU would be Digi-1 from a G60 Corrado or any type of standalone injection, which would include MS. Those are the only 2 forms of injection I would recommend you to run on your turbo engine. Digi 2 I can tell you will cause many many problems.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Re: (jaybong)

Quote, originally posted by jaybong »
pretty sure from what i hear you gotta change the cpu- run megasquirt or sompin, at least a chip.
but no havent seen one myself. good question
wheres knappy and the gurus when ya need em?

a chip wont do a damn thing, digi 2 wont do boost.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Re: (TRLSTYLE)

Quote, originally posted by TRLSTYLE »
megasquirt wont even halp a digi2 8v. by the time you get that ting assembeled and installed you might as well have just picked up a G60 block and computer.

this is true . seeing your car is a 90' and has CE2 you could easily pop a digi 1 harness in there.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Re: (92jetblackjetta)

Quote, originally posted by 92jetblackjetta »
ok might be totally wrong but we'll see what if you ran bigger fuel injecters would that help out the leanness?

Well I guess at a certain RPM range it would, but the rest would be crazy rich. Since your just throwing on larger injectors which the computer cant tell the difference, its just going to keep firing them for the same period of time. So at idle or to any rpm you would be running it really rich. Depending on how much you increase their flow rate im not even sure if you could get it to idle anymore. Thats why you need standalone or something comparable where you can adjust the pulse times so that it is possible to run larger injectors.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Re: (distr0)

Quote, originally posted by distr0 »
its been done, and you could pull it off with a rising rate FPR, larger injectors, etc...
i think you'd have less headaches running MS

?????????? sure they werent to pretty.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Re: (golf198v2.0)

well lets not get this thread locked. i would like to see if someone is doing it. it couls probably handle the 3.5 pound springs that tial offer on their' wastegate, with someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (distr0)

-rebuilt turbo Garrett m24 t3 style flage
-wastegate
-manifold
what else what you guys reccomend me getting to put this thing together to get it hooked up right....

Modified by Mk2_Stylez at 11:59 PM 4-20-2006

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

hey man haha g60 intercooler..i screwed up their...
anyways im not looking for alot of boost just something cool to put in a daily driver..dont wanna blow my motor up....how much boost do you think the digi2 can handle...and withought an intercooler ..whats that about...please explain

·
Registered
702 Posts

im not sure that ive seen a g-60 without an intercooler. i know my buddy's did and im pretty sure it was us spec. The only thing is it's kind of a little crappy intercooler. most would just buy a bigger intercooler like i think ive heard from saabs or aftermarket.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TRLSTYLE »
US spec G-60's didnt have an intercooler. how much boost are you looking for? this might be getting on thin ice, but if youre under 5 pounds you might be safe with no intercooler.

what kind of g60's are we talking about?? golfs had that huge one in the front and US spec raddos had a SMIC

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Re: (Mk2_Stylez)

like i said, if this was me i would probably get the boost factory 8v log manifold with external wastegate, and a Tial wastegate with the 3.5 pound spring. a t3 super 60 trim should do the trick and go from there. at least a 3.5 bat FPR would probably be a must and buils from that. see how it runs then go for injectors and whatever else it might need. you would be one of the first to attempt it and keep records, so some of it might be experament.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.