VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2020 Tiguan SEL-R Premium, 2017 TTS Coupe, 2010 Passat Wagon DSG
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once thing drives me nuts about the car is that 3rd row seatbelts would not stay hooked. As soon as you push something along the side of the trunk they will come out. It is probably not a huge issue if you do not have privacy cover, but that thing makes everything tangled up. Moving cover snaps is 90% of the time too 馃く

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Registered
O man. There is my rant(s) somewhere here on how much I hate 3rd row in Tiguan and how pointless it is. This was also on that list.

My quick temporary solution is to use a small binder clip to hold the seatbelt with the tab. It works ok, but the sometimes I bump into the binder clip... Not perfect but improvement.
I was also thinking to do something with a velcro but did not invest more time into it.

Registered
2019 Tiguan SE 2022 Passat SE
I also use a binder clip to hold the seat belts in place. I may devote some time to a more perfect solution, but for now this works OK.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've spotted this fixture on Toyota/Lexus vehicles:

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive design Vehicle door

The part 73371-0E060-C0:

Obviously it will require some cutting and drilling. Wanted to see if anyone saw anything simple like that has feedback on how well it works.

Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
I'm not sure I 100% understand the problem, but could you use something like this to keep the seat belt closure from falling?
Product Rectangle Gadget Line Font

Bob.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure I 100% understand the problem, but could you use something like this to keep the seat belt closure from falling?

Bob.
This is probably more for keeping belt from retracting, but may work too if mounted to the car. 8$ worth a try I'd say. I'll update once I get them.

Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
Sorry.
Like I said, I didn't really get the problem (only have 2 rows).
It seemed to me that the issue was that the "clasp" has some sort of hanging mechanism on it, and it's constantly falling?
I just thought if you could "capture" that "clasp" up high, it would be readily available, and those things I posted don't look to difficult to remove when not needed?

Bob.

Registered
2019 Tiguan SE 2022 Passat SE
The problem is that the factory clip to hold the 3rd row belt in place is too weak. When you move the privacy cover back and forth it dislodges the 3rd row belt and it gets tangled up with the privacy cover. It usually happens on both sides at once. PITA.

Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
You try some heavy duty velco on the back of the clip and the side of the velcro on the vehicle???

Bob.

Registered
Got my curiosity up so had to go out to see if the O-Rings (#7) work? Needs to be thicker but does stay, so much better!

Sold by the foot, clear tubing from Lowe's or HD cut quarter inch or more, slipped on could work better. Belt should slide better and pressure from the round bulge in the tubing should hold it better also (I hope?). Won't guess tubing size but as long as it slips on when squeezed it should hold the belt. If opting for thick O-Rings use synthetic so there won't be rubbing marks on the belt.

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Font Gadget Transparency Science Metal

Textile Sleeve Rectangle Automotive design Grey

Sleeve Grey Collar Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Silver

-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts