VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new radiator. After installing a push button starter, luck has it that my upper flange cracked, all the way down to actual radiator. Question is, has anyone used the one that goes on ebay once in a while? Hows the fitment? Does it come with the upper hose flange? Fanswitch provision? Basically as long as it fits like oem, Im gonna buy it. Thanks,
Derrick

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Has anyone used the radiators from Ebay? (BlauSlc92)

Please, anyone? I need to buy ASAP. The description says oem fitment, but firsthand expirience is what Im looking for. Thanks,

·
Registered
20,571 Posts

Ask the seller if the brand in the box is made by Valeo or CSF (Cooling Systems and Flexibles) repacked German made radiator. I own a CSF radiator, I bought mine locally. I was originally sold a cheap 100% copper, dripping black painted radiator, that was made in Brazil (G60 model). I returned it to the seller and paid a whopping $5 extra, to get the German made radiator.
Its a great radiator, all aluminum with plastic endtanks just like the stock Valeo brand.
You'll be surprised at the competition in Radiators, also try your local yellow pages. Call some of those ads and get a quote, may be cheaper than Ebay.
One tip, ask about the return policy, some of them wont take back the radiator regardless of fit and finish. See the radiator first hand, and buy it only if it meets your expectations.
Thats one of the troubles I had with the copper one, they didn't want it back. I quess the profit on it was quite large and the quality so poor.

[Modified by Eric D, 2:29 AM 6-2-2002]

·
Registered
16,128 Posts
Re: Has anyone used the radiators from Ebay? (joe_ZX6)

I know somebody that bought the $119 G60 radiator from on ebay. he loved the price and I've heard no complaints from him. I never got to see the radiator in his car but he didn't say anything so I guess its good. He is a vortexer but only ocassionally and I don't remember his screen name but he is a yellow lysolm from Va,

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Has anyone used the radiators from Ebay? (G60ING)

Thanks for the response guys. I will make sure and ask that it be a german radiator. These guys policy says satisfaction gauranteed, so Ill let you know, thanks again.
Derrick

·
Registered
4,725 Posts

Johnzapp has one. He said it was pretty decent. This was like a year ago though too. So if the IM feature worked I would say to IM him, but...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Re: Has anyone used the radiators from Ebay? (CorradoKidd)

I bought the radiator on e-bay for my VR6 and it was manufactured by NGK who I believe is the OEM part for the VR6 atleast.

[Modified by Corrado Fiend, 6:59 PM 6-2-2002]

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Has anyone used the radiators from Ebay? (Corrado Fiend)

Sergio, did it come with the upper hose flange? Where the upper hose connects to the radiator? I need to know if I should buy this separately or not? Thanks,
D.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

Derrick, that flange is not included with the radiator. But it's a cheap part from the dealer. You may also want to replace #24

[Modified by Corrado Fiend, 10:31 PM 6-3-2002]

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Has anyone used the radiators from Ebay? (Corrado Fiend)

Great, thanks man. Hope they have it in stock, I need my car!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

if you dont want to wait for the stupid ebay auction just hit up radiators.com directly and see if it's in stock. otherwise you might try giving stephen @ europarts-sd.com a call. he's in RB and he's usually got good prices on this stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts