VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruise control will arm but I cannot get it to set the speed. The green "cruise" indicator light comes on but when I push the set button on the stalk it doesn't do anything. the other day my radio would not turn on at all, I just got the red blinking LED like the doors were locked. So I shut off the car locked the doors, unlocked and it still would not come on. the next day it still would not come on so I disconnected the battery for about a half hour. When I hooked it back up the radio came on and the cruise control worked again. Later that day the cruise control went out again. Has anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
25,084 Posts
Re: Has your cruise control ever done this?? (Jedi801)

mine was funky for a day a few weeks ago, would drop over bumps...
checked the ground(battery) and it was ok after that

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hmm.... I don't even have a cruise indicator light. But my cruise is always on, so that light would get annoying. My cruise has never done anything funny though.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Re: (pocket)

For the cruise control, either your Drive By Wire is acting up, or your gas pedals potentiometer's are on the fry. It could also be your brake light switch on your pedal.
Get your codes read, something will be there for sure.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Re: (DasoGTI)

Quote »

Get your codes read, something will be there for sure.

Good advice!!! That way you will really know what the problem is, instead of speculating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts