VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once an intake is installed you your 2.0T FSI Engine you are left with a bare and ugly engine compartment.

This Audi TTS Engine Cover with Hardware is an easy retrofit to your Golf R

http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/View/06F-998-925-J/268161

Please note we are currently working on putting together a custom version with the Audi Logo Removed. We dont currently have any more details on this at this time but a prototype it in the works.

Here is our customer Audi TTS engine Cover with the Audi Logo Removed.

We wanted to keep it simple and clean to keep everything looking OEM.

http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/View/06F-998-925-K/0/268171

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always thought all of these engine covers are wayyyyy overpriced. Id rather have a bare engine bay than pay $200 for something that does nothing. Interested in the prototype though.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it came as a custom version with the Audi Logo Removed I would think your price was fair.....but as it stands you're already charging $50.00 more for the engine cover.

http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/17...Shops/17141421/Products/AUTTE034&Currency=USD
Please note the price listed does not include freight or duty. The cost to land this at your door would be right around the same price as the one from us. All parts shipped from another country are subject to importation duty. Also many shippers charge additional fees for handling the customs documents.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Please note the price listed does not include freight or duty. The cost to land this at your door would be right around the same price as the one from us. All parts shipped from another country are subject to importation duty. Also many shippers charge additional fees for handling the customs documents.
With shipping($42.00), it comes out to $191.00. Your price is 199.88 + 14.61 for shipping, which comes out to $214.39. Those are the numbers from both checkouts. If there are more fees included with the first company, I did not see them.

Edit: I do see the fine print on the bottom of their checkout that talks about additional charges. However, that gives you the right to charge 50 dollars more for a part we know only costs $149.00? Even at that price, they're obviously still making money. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but at what point do you give a customer what they want without ripping them off?

All of that aside....;)..I would think about paying $314.39 (shipping included) for a customized version.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You won't see them as they are not charged by them. They are charged by the shipper and the us government. As an exporter you don't take part nor control any duties charged.

Hope this help clear things up for you.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
With shipping($42.00), it comes out to $191.00. Your price is 199.88 + 14.61 for shipping, which comes out to $214.39. Those are the numbers from both checkouts. If there are more fees included with the first company, I did not see them.

Edit: I do see the fine print on the bottom of their checkout that talks about additional charges. However, that gives you the right to charge 50 dollars more for a part we know only costs $149.00? Even at that price, they're obviously still making money. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but at what point do you give a customer what they want without ripping them off?

All of that aside....;)..I would think about paying $314.39 (shipping included) for a customized version.
I've ordered from bks tuning before and I did not get charged extra at customs. It did take some time to get to me but that was to be expected.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I agree with charging a fair price if you are familiar with my background that is what I built my reputation on when I started keffervwparts.com. Now that I started my own company I continue to do the same thing. If you take a look these guys sell the engine cover alone for $227 http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=3661 and it's actually pretty hard to believe but the hardware is over $10 per bolt.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.