VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 98 A4 1.8tqm and it has about 100k miles. I have an chip in it and a hybrid bypass/BOV. The thing is it has great boost in first gear and I hear a discharge of air from the BOV but in 2nd and 3rd there is no boost and very little discharge of air from the BOV. Anyone have any idea of what could be wrong? Thanks....

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Have boost in 1st but not in 2nd.....? (idrivequattro)

What is N75? I am going to check BOV this weekend. That was what I was thinking.....it has only been on car for a few months. Its a GFB hybrid.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
Re: Have boost in 1st but not in 2nd.....? (Przwo H2O)

any chance you can't hear the BOV because of road noise and what not? maybe first just feels like it's boosting more on the butt dyno. do you have a boost gauge?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Have boost in 1st but not in 2nd.....? (GTiTOM)

No boost gauge....The road noise is not a problem. I could drive with my windows down and get on it in 2nd gear and after the upshift hear the BOV purging. Trust me it was pretty load. Now its nothing and it seems like it is struggling to make it to 5500 rpm's.

·
Registered
14,392 Posts
Re: Have boost in 1st but not in 2nd.....? (Przwo H2O)

gotcha. i'll take your word for it, i just thought i might offer a possibility. as for the n75 valve, here's some good info on it:
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/n75-info.html
ecs sells an upgraded one for 90 bucks. i heard it's the same as an oem part (maybe the old s4 or something) but i'm not sure. i don't think it's much cheaper anyway. also, i have no idea if that's your problem or not, but hope it helps http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Have boost in 1st but not in 2nd.....? (GTiTOM)

Where exactly is the N75 valve located on our cars......thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts