VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I purchased a gauge cluster with a 3 mo. warranty. The supplier claimed that it came off a 1999.5 (non-immobilizer) Golf/Jetta, which is precisely what I need.
However I'd still like to verify by looking up its part number in ETKA. Now, where do I physically look on the cluster to get the part number? I can see the following numbers for "LENS" and "SUPPORT PLATE":
3319 210 032
3369 200 023

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Re: Have OEM gauge cluster in hand, but how to find part number without VAG-COM? (smack)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Re: Have OEM gauge cluster in hand, but how to find part number without VAG-COM? (golfhm472)

Quote, originally posted by golfhm472 »
why does it show redline at 4700

Because it's a TDI cluster?
There should be a sticker on the cluster somewhere with the part number. If not, then someone removed it.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Re: Have OEM gauge cluster in hand, but how to find part number without VAG-COM? (golfhm472)

It's a turbo diesel
But my question applies to all MK4 gauge clusters.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Re: Have OEM gauge cluster in hand, but how to find part number without VAG-COM? (mahmgb)

Quote, originally posted by mahmgb »
There should be a sticker on the cluster somewhere with the part number. If not, then someone removed it.

That's most likely the case. I'm at work so I can't give the cluster another closer look until tonight.

·
Registered
13,574 Posts

I assume that you have a TDI because that is a TDI cluster. I will look up the part number for you later tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Re: Have OEM gauge cluster in hand, but how to find part number without VAG-COM? (Driftin GTI)

Quote, originally posted by Driftin GTI »
I assume that you have a TDI because that is a TDI cluster. I will look up the part number for you later tonight when I get home.

Thank you! The reason why I need to check is because if the gauge cluster is not a 1999.5 non-immobilizer, I will have to return it because it will not work with my 1999.5 ECU and other electronics.
*edit: Yes, it is for my TDI.

Modified by Malone at 11:13 AM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
13,574 Posts
Re: Have OEM gauge cluster in hand, but how to find part number without VAG-COM? (Malone)

n/m, I forgot I had the parts cataloger here at work, here's what came up for the TDI
1J0 919 951
that's for an american car but your part number should be very similar

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Re: Have OEM gauge cluster in hand, but how to find part number without VAG-COM? (Driftin GTI)

1J0 919 951
that's for an american car but your part number should be very similar

Thanks!
If there's no part number physically [im]printed on the cluster, what's the other way of finding it while it's detached from the MK4 ECU and electronics?
Maybe I should find another 1999.5 TDI vehicle and temporarily install my cluster so I can hook VAG-COM up to get the #.

·
Registered
13,574 Posts

OK, here is the part number for the canadian cluster
1J0 919 801 F for a 5 speed diesel, you should be able to find that number somewhere on the cluster

·
Registered
692 Posts

The cluster can be scanned with out coding it to your car. If you've got a MKIV,
Just plug in the cluster, switch the key and use Vag COM to read the part number.
Go to intruments..17
L

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OK, here is the part number for the canadian cluster
1J0 919 801 F for a 5 speed diesel, you should be able to find that number somewhere on the cluster

Thanks. That part number isn't on the cluster.. just the two different ones mentioned in my first post above. I've lots of CAD experience and I have good eyes so I definitely didn't miss a spot on the cluster.
I guess someone did take the sticker off

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Have OEM gauge cluster in hand, but how to find part number without VAG-COM? (tongsli)

Quote, originally posted by tongsli »
The cluster can be scanned with out coding it to your car. If you've got a MKIV,
Just plug in the cluster, switch the key and use Vag COM to read the part number.
Go to intruments..17
L

I don't have a MKIV (my TDI's for a MK2 swap project).. but my brother does have one. 1999.5 WE Jetta 1.8T. Same year, different engine.
Would it work
I'll give it a try tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts