VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever been stopped because of mods? For Tint on Tails, or Windows, or high emissions exhaust, or too loud, or anything at all? If so, tell us about it!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (Steve Pell)

I have had a problem. I have smoked tails, and disabled DRL *illegal in ontario* , and i havent had a problem yet!!! .

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (Hurleysurf24)

police are *****--they stopped me for my 51% tint that you can see through easily and my milltek exhaust that is quiet as hell

·
Registered
5,337 Posts

Sadly to say but yes...i have been stopped twice now
In both cases i was not breaking any laws...Police just wanted a closer look at the car

·
Registered
45,139 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (Kei78)

Yup.. ive been pulled over for tints a couple times...
I also got pulled over for speeding, but ended up with a noisy muffler ticket instead....

word of advise for those with tints... legal or other wise... if you get pulled over, roll windows down and put interior lights on.... It helps the cops see inside and see they are not at risk... Cops get paid to be nosy.. If they can see it from far, they are less likely to take a closer look....

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (Playa178)

quote:[HR][/HR]police are *****--they stopped me for my 51% tint that you can see through easily and my milltek exhaust that is quiet as hell[HR][/HR]​
Stopped for a Milltek?!?!?!?! I never thought that day would come.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (2K1Jettaz)

My Ansa Muffler on a Custom Cat-Back is way too Loud, but still not Over the Limit... Pulled Over for it Once

·
Registered
294 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (JustinVW)

anyone ever get pulled over for having Europlates on?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (VWJay)

hell yeah I've been pulled over for europlates. I had 14, counted them, 14 "verbal warnings" in my Corrado, 1 "fix it" ticket. Then I got my new GTI, pulled over 5 times,all within about 2 months, 1 $78 ticket. Then my plate got ripped off the front of my car on New years Eve.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (VWJay)

quote:[HR][/HR]anyone ever get pulled over for having Europlates on?[HR][/HR]​
I had front and rear euro's on my A3 Jetta, got pulled over 3x in about 1 year. No tickets, just warnings

·
Registered
5,245 Posts

yes...mods cause speeding tickets...or so i think

·
Registered
529 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (1fastdub)

I got pulled over for speeding and they gave me an obstructed front plate ticket instead- which was very nice of them although you can buy them at autozone so i dont understand how they are illegal
.. I'm talking the tinted license plate covers..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (JettaGLIman)

Exactly!! I bought my tinted plate cover at Canadian Tire and the cop told me it was illegal. why would Canadian tire sell illega http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
l stuff??

[Modified by indigo2slow, 12:30 AM 11-30-2002]

·
Registered
426 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] I have had a problem. I have smoked tails, and disabled DRL *illegal in ontario* , and i havent had a problem yet!!!
[HR][/HR]​
Wow, never knew disableing your daytime running lights can be illegal. Unless the cops really know cars, how can they really tell?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (indigo2slow)

knock on wood, i haven't been pulled over for my plate covers or the blueish headlights!! however, they haven't stopped me for speeding but when they do, i bet that they will nail me.... bummer, but we will see!! also, are the smoked tails illegal in ontario?? thanks!

·
Banned
912 Posts
Re: Have you ever been STOPPED for your Mods by the Police? (Playa178)

quote:[HR][/HR]police are *****--they stopped me for my 51% tint that you can see through easily and my milltek exhaust that is quiet as hell[HR][/HR]​
51%
I am running 5%, and never had a cop problem...... for my tint anyway

1 - 20 of 62 Posts