VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering going to the SRS suspension on my car, with the rear bar installed. I currently have Neuspeed Sport/Bilstein with stock bars.
If you've made this switch, please tell me what to expect. Thanks,

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Have you gone from NeuSpeed Sport to Shine on an A3 VR6? Tell me about it... (FatSean)

Shine it up. At least get the Shine sway bay. It makes a huge difference. Reduces understeer and body roll. I would suggest getting the whole kit though because it kicks arse.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Have you gone from NeuSpeed Sport to Shine on an A3 VR6? Tell me about it... (VR-SICK)

Well I'm trying to find out how the ride will change. Will it become more harsh? The Neuspeeds are pretty rough on the ****ty roads arround here.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: Have you gone from NeuSpeed Sport to Shine on an A3 VR6? Tell me about it... (FatSean)

I went from Bilsteins/Eibach Sportline to Bilsteins/SRS on a 1997 2.0L Jetta. An O-Bar rear sway was used (like the SRS bar).
The spring rates a lower for the 2.0L.
I found that the added ride height made the suspension more compliant, the handling was better, and the ride about the same. Overall Shine was best.
You will find the shine VR6 kit to ride a bit rougher but it will still handle bumps and irregularities better (due to longer wheel travel).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.