VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has any ideas:
My 2001 Golf GLS has been giving me some grief. I just hit 61000 KM and I'm starting to have issues. My coolant has dropped below min again the light came on today, I've been monitoring it and just filled it up 2 weeks ago, so I filled it up again today. I'm starting to lose OIL - maybe a liter and a half over those 2 weeks. Also I had a check engine light come on a month ago, and when I took it to the dealership they said cylinder 4 had misfired, I changed the sparkplugs and noticed that the sparkplugs from 1-3 were not that bad, but the one in 4 was cooked. From what I can tell, I'm not burning it out the back. No residue on my bumper, but then again it's winter and its tough to tell. But definately no black/blue smoke when I'm driving during the day.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
MB1

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: Having Trouble With my 2.0L in a Golf GLS (missionboyone)

Youir car should still be under warranty. take it to the dealer, ask for a pressure test of the coolant system. Also have them pull all plugs. Be there to see what they look like. After that you should get service, including a real check of the engine by the dealer. If you're losing oil, ask for an oil loss check. They should do that no problem. Basically, they fill it, you drive so many miles and return when the oil is down (you have to check it ).
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.