VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has any ideas:
My 2001 Golf GLS has been giving me some grief. I just hit 61000 KM and I'm starting to have issues. My coolant has dropped below min again the light came on today, I've been monitoring it and just filled it up 2 weeks ago, so I filled it up again today. I'm starting to lose OIL - maybe a liter and a half over those 2 weeks. Also I had a check engine light come on a month ago, and when I took it to the dealership they said cylinder 4 had misfired, I changed the sparkplugs and noticed that the sparkplugs from 1-3 were not that bad, but the one in 4 was cooked. From what I can tell, I'm not burning it out the back. No residue on my bumper, but then again it's winter and its tough to tell. But definately no black/blue smoke when I'm driving during the day.
2001 Golf GLS -- 2.0L Engine
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

[Modified by missionboyone, 8:43 PM 1-28-2003]

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Re: Having trouble with my 2001 Golf GLS (missionboyone)

first off 61K for a 2001, thats alot you must do alot of travelling, highway?? too bad about your problems, you do have a 2.0L correct? i know there prone to unusual oil consumptions, but a litre and a half over 2 weeks
so what's the latest from the dealer? def some issues with your engine, hopefully things turn out for you, too bad your war is dead, but your powertrain war is still good, maybe its related, and oh ya welcome to the TEX http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Having trouble with my 2001 Golf GLS (4DR Turbo)

Ok, well knowing that I do a lot of driving I purchased the extended warranty which is good for another 100K KM. Haven't called the dealer yet. My mechanic friend wants me to take it to his shop and get a pressure test first to see if there isn't just a leak somewhere. Then once we investigate it a little further we plan on taking it to the dealership.
I have also heard that they're not the most effecient on oil, which engine is!?!?
My biggest worry is that maybe a cylinder wall has cracked or maybe even the block has cracked.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Re: Having trouble with my 2001 Golf GLS (missionboyone)

gotcha, i dought a cyl wall or block has cracked, RE oil, cant speak for all the 1.8T's but between oil changes 8000KM i might have to add maybe 1/4 of a quart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts