VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 122 Posts

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Guess I might as well post a minor update.

I was supposed to get my headrests last week, but they needed a signature. Signed the form and they never attempted to redeliver, so I'll be picking them up tomorrow from the post office :facepalm:

Also 034 announced their new X34 Open-Top intake, so I'm exchanging my P34 for their new X34 Open Top version. Excited to see how loud it is, as I've never had an open intake before.

I'm also putting together a list of part numbers for a folding mirror conversion which I'll source from e-acca. Based on Vortex/Google this is what I've come up with so far. If anybody reading has gone this route, then I'm all ears.

Left Folding Mirror Assembly w/ BSM
5G1857508DE9B9

Right Folding Mirror Assembly w/ BSM
5G1857507CE9B9

Folding Mirror Switch (Driver Side)
5G0959565AGICX

Driver Euro Blind Spot (Aspherical) Mirror w/ BSM
5G0857521M

Passenger Euro Blind Spot (Aspherical) Mirror w/ BSM
5G0857522M

Door Clips
7L6868243

Gloss Black Mirror Caps
5G0072530A

Also, was down in Houston this past weekend and my friend grabbed this roller. It looks so boring in stock trim :laugh:

· Registered
889 Posts
Just made it 100% easier to be blinded by brodozers from behind, but they look so much better

OEM Euro Mk7 GTI Rear Headrest (Cloth)
P/N: 5G0885901ACBDL
Nice and clean. Thanks for including part numbers in your build.

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nice and clean. Thanks for including part numbers in your build.
Of course . One of my pet peeves are people doing Euro/OEM+ mods and not posting part numbers

A special treat from 034 arrived yesterday, a preproduction version of their new aluminum turbo inlet elbow. I had the Racingline one on my S3 before and the quality is the same as, if not better. Waiting for the new open top carbon intake to show up tomorrow and then it’ll all get installed (finally)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Felt like I've been neglecting this thread lol. Went ahead and got all the 034 intake parts (X34 Open Top, TMD, and prototype turbo inlet elbow) installed on the car last week as well as my APR intercooler I had from my S3 before. The breathes a lot better than before and the induction noises are intoxicating. I've never had a full open intake (i.e. cone on a stick) before so I'm sure it's not as loud as those, but it is definitely louder than the APR intake I used before. Also, never mentioned it before but I replaced the stock coolant cap with the OEM R8 version.

I also picked up a used OEM roof rack set as well. Maybe I'll pick up a hobby to justify having it :rolleyes:

The weather has been terrible the last few days, but I went ahead and snapped some pictures. :pic:

· Registered
119 Posts
Just made it 100% easier to be blinded by brodozers from behind, but they look so much better

OEM Euro Mk7 GTI Rear Headrest (Cloth)
P/N: 5G0885901ACBDL

I’ve had a few places tell me that these aren’t direct fit from the Euro GTI to the US GTI (I’ve got a 2018 as well). Did your stock ones just come out and these went right in their places no problem? I’m currently in the process of wanting to order a set for mine

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I’ve had a few places tell me that these aren’t direct fit from the Euro GTI to the US GTI (I’ve got a 2018 as well). Did your stock ones just come out and these went right in their places no problem? I’m currently in the process of wanting to order a set for mine

They are a direct replacement and fit with no modification required. Who ever told you they aren't a direct fit is wrong. :)

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Looks great so far Hunter
Appreciate it :thumbup:. You ever decide on the GTI you're getting?

Damn u got some photo skills

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks! Just hobby of mine for now :). I have an IG (@bird_haus_media) I post regularly on though. :beer:

Didn't grab any pictures, but I finally got the car paint corrected and ceramic coated with CQuartz 3.0 and debadged the rear this past weekend. Never had a car that's been ceramic coated but WOW! This red really pops now!

21 - 40 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.