VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone thought of headers for a 2.0. What are some brands people are using?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Headers for 2.0 (jettagl 92)

Really? A coupla different vw mechanics told me that was the route to go.. One even said it made more sense that a P+P for that car when combined w/ a cam and intake.

·
Registered
2002 EV
1,997 Posts
Re: Headers for 2.0 (Vamped)

fyi theres a nice list of 2.0 headers on p.1 of the DIY thread http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Headers for 2.0 (volcomvw)

Thanks. Anyone have any experience w/ the Ractive Headers or heard anything about them?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Re: Headers for 2.0 (tuned2.0)

Quote, originally posted by tuned2.0 »
Really? A coupla different vw mechanics told me that was the route to go.. One even said it made more sense that a P+P for that car when combined w/ a cam and intake.

They're stupid.
A P&P'ed head will give far greater gains than a header will on a 2.0L. Your best bang for the buck is to remove your stock exhaust manifold, clean up the ports to enhance the flow a bit, and reinstall. The stock VW downpipe on the ABA is a 4-2-1 design that flows quite well actually right from the factory.....earlier VW 4 cylinder exhaust manifolds didn't flow so well, however.
Save your money - or throw on an MKIV AEG exhaust manifold, which flows better than an MKIII according to flow tests........

·
Registered
25,003 Posts
Re: Headers for 2.0 (tuned2.0)

IMHO, headers essentially become useful when you're running bigger cams and you've had the head ported. A stock head with a moderate cam will still run great with the OEM manifold.
I've heard some good things about using the MkIV manifolds on MkIIIs. Might be a sleeper deal, considering the costs of headers.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Re: Headers for 2.0 (DonL)

i had brospeed/bosal headers. the headers work well when you do alot of other work to the engine...i eventually swapped the headers & went w/ FI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts