VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Re: Headers for a 2.0? (Wolfsburg_Petey)

yea im pretty interested in this as well.. never really hear much about headers for 2.slow's... i think the only one i have ever heard of was supersprint.. anyone????

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

headers are not very popular w/ 2.slows (or vr6's really) cause the stock manifold is ok and you dont gain much power from a header unless you have substantial mods done to your engine already. even then they are often not worth the trouble of leaks and noise and so on. now TT does make a "race" downpipe that omits the cat and frees up some power, but its not emissions legal obviously.

been reading back issues of Super Street lookin for mod ideas eh?
j/k...

·
Registered
9,114 Posts

Not a lot of people really do this mod, simply because for the gains it costs a lot of money. It's more of a finishing piece then anything else. But, there was just a thread on this in the 2.0 tech forum. I was actually surprised at the number of companies that actually produce headers for the 2.0L. I can't remember all of them, but here are a few: Borla (w/ a few modifications) and Supersprint.
Anyone else..

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Re: Headers for a 2.0? (Pone)

quote:[HR][/HR]yea im pretty interested in this as well.. never really hear much about headers for 2.slow's... i think the only one i have ever heard of was supersprint.. anyone????[HR][/HR]​
Read the link posted by passatrcr, it covers this topic pretty well. Header options are:
Oettinger made one, Hartmann makes a bi-catalytic convertor one (mine), Brospeed makes one, S&S makes one (or can make a custom one, I forget which), Ractive makes a 2-piece (but the metal is thin). There are a couple more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: Headers for a 2.0? (vento 95 GL)

quote:[HR][/HR]could it be possible to use the mk4 2.0 L tubular header on our cars????
I heard it could fit. [HR][/HR]​
not w/o some modding, plus it would be pointless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.