VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i am so tired of hardly being able to see sometimes when i drive at night. i was talking about this and then someone asked me if my headlights were that prefferated glass or just clear plastic and since they are stock its that prefferated glass, they said if they were just straight up clear lighting would be MUCH better. i am already running some silverstars to try and help it and my fogs are just normal stock OEM light bulbs but those are bright as the sun.
so my question does anyone make just the lens, if i take off the glass one and put a clear plastic one on i don't even know if anyone makes that sort of thing, i just want to avoid buying all new lights.
sorry for the book.

· Registered
8,287 Posts
Re: headlight question (Turbostuff)

you have to buy new lights or deal with them as is..
you cannot buy clear glass as a replacement, the ridges on the glass direct the light.
e-codes have a different, more efficent beam pattern, much better than NA lights.
put HID's in yo lights. or buy ecodes, ecodes are cheaper

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: headlight question (tjvdubsport)

Quote, originally posted by tjvdubsport »
there your problem why you cant see , take off that paint on your headlights for crying out loud

those are covers. and thats not my car.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Re: headlight question (Turbostuff)

Quote, originally posted by Turbostuff »
those are covers. and thats not my car.

btw silverstars are the same wattage rating as a normal oem light bulb, its just got a smaller filiment so it gets brighter for a shorter ammount of time.
two options, i recomend both.
relay your bulbs, but do it right with 12g wire and a 12g wire repair kit for the bulb plugs from the dealer.
or buy e-codes.
i got the relay part done, and even with oem bulbs you notice a hell of a diffrence over the stock 30a relay and 18g wire.
e-codes are expensive so they are commin after winter, or next time they go on sale.

· Registered
8,287 Posts
Re: (cstjetta)

Quote, originally posted by cstjetta »
i heard that you have to traverse a moutain cave, fight back goblens and ghouls, travel over a snake pit, and than kill the three headed dragon, only than can you have the obd1 e codes.

they left out the 3 headed dragon this year http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
too challenging in the past

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Re: (Six13racer)

Quote, originally posted by Six13racer »

they left out the 3 headed dragon this year http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
too challenging in the past

really, i guess thats why we saw more of them this past year than we did before was wondering how so many got them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.