VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headlight swap

does anyone know if you can put headlight assembly from a 2000 A4 on like a 98? I know they will fit, but i am curious as to if they have the same power plugs in the back. thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Actually they dont fit you do have to do some trimming to the fender. At least that is what i have heard in the past from people and i believe the plugs might be different

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: headlight swap (xmconx)

it does fit you just need to trim the fender so that the one piece assembly fits there is a tech article on audiworld on how to do it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: headlight swap (Quattropower)

omg search it is there you have to get a dremel and take off some mettal. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
17,317 Posts
Re: headlight swap (A4_ohboy!!)

Actually I did a search, and it didn't readily come up, so I think it's reasonable that he posted this.
Same old same old... first person to give me a write up goes into the FAQ.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Another Question??

I have a 1998 Audi A4 and i was wondering if i could put a 2001 Audi A4 headlight on the 1998 Audi A4? Can you switch a non projector car with a projector headlight?

·
Banned
6 Posts
Headlight conversion

i got a 1997 audi a4 and i want to put 01 a4 lights in ....are modifications to the fenders needed for fitment?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: (robbyb413)

ROFL ok.. but is there any type of good headlights out there that has the projectors on them? Or if not ill just keep it OEM. LOL

·
17,317 Posts
Re: (PinoyxA4)

If you're trying to save money pick up a set of DOT 1 piecers. If you want to spend a little more, get E-CODEs made by Depo. If you want to get the best, get E-CODES made by Valeo.

·
17,317 Posts
Re: (PinoyxA4)

google, ebay, the list of tuning sites in the FAQ.. all of them have it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts