VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone get headlight washers or is it linked to a package or V8 models?
I have the base model V6 and don't have them. I didn't find it under standard or optional equipment. I believe it mentions something in the manual.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Headlight washers... (****us)

Looks like I am going to have to use the sunroof to get on the hood and clean them while someone is driving. Or I have to attach a spray bottle with a line on the trigger and bring it inside so I can pull it whenever I want the headlights washed.
No big deal. Just curious if it was standard or optional. Thanks for the heads up.

· Registered
5,547 Posts
Re: Headlight washers... (vwtv6owner)

Quote, originally posted by vwtv6owner »
Looks like I am going to have to use the sunroof to get on the hood and clean them while someone is driving. Or I have to attach a spray bottle with a line on the trigger and bring it inside so I can pull it whenever I want the headlights washed......

Please post pics.

· Registered
760 Posts
Re: Headlight washers... (vwtv6owner)

Quote, originally posted by vwtv6owner »
Does everyone get headlight washers or is it linked to a package or V8 models?
I have the base model V6 and don't have them. I didn't find it under standard or optional equipment. I believe it mentions something in the manual.

I'm not sure... but I thought I didn't have them. Then I read the manual and found out that if you momentarily pull the lever towards the steering wheel, the windshield washers squirt... and if you hold it there for one or two seconds, the headlight washers squirt. Dang, if I didn't have the washers!! Go and give it a try, you may have them too...

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Just a little forum humor:
I was sitting at a redlight the other day and turned on the healight washers and it sprayed all over this car beside me. Lets just say they weren't to pleased with me. They gave me nasty looks!
Has anyone else had a similar encounter?

· Registered
60,790 Posts
Re: (cgmb16)

I like the old style of washers with the swivel ball aiming. Sometihnes I had them so they would spray over the car onto the car behind me.

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Re: (cgmb16)

Quote, originally posted by cgmb16 »
Just a little forum humor:
I was sitting at a redlight the other day and turned on the healight washers and it sprayed all over this car beside me. Lets just say they weren't to pleased with me. They gave me nasty looks!
Has anyone else had a similar encounter?

No, but I have had someone 'squirt' me.
It made my clean windshield not so clean ...
Gee, I hate that ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.