VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all fellow Vortexers! I have encountered a problem with my 92 Jetta 8 valve.
Just yesterday, I changed my speedo cause mine didnt have lights (blown)! So, I had my dash all open w/out the plastic overlay or heater controls! So, I installed the speedo then went on the highway to see my girl! I ended up racing a Veeduber with a 90-92 Jetta, dealt wit'em bad!
! At that time I was at like 5,000+ RPM and then all of a sudden I heard a faint sound and smelt smoke come from my dash area! Obviously I slowed down a bit to figure it out! Couldnt! Car ran drove fine! No biggy
I get home, fix the dash, deck and stuff. Everything looks good again! Start the car, no daytime lights, high beam has to be held, and heatcontrols dont work!
The Twist! I have an Alpine alarm! When the alarm is turned on/off the lights will work and if the heat control is turned on, the heat turns on then off (mimics the flashing of the lights)

Its really messed Up! PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT!Gotta have heat!

Thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Headlights & Heat in car Wont Work? (JettaBwoy)

Hey Guys and Girls!
I really need to figure this stuff out! I cant drive at night and its very annoying!

Please help me out!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

OK! Will someone please help me out, guide me to the light, give some type of relative experience!
NO HEAT IS NOT FUN!

·
Registered
905 Posts

Possibly have you fried either the X-relay or part of the fusebox that connects the X-relay? or perhaps the wiring from the starter switch to the fusebox (that would govern the X-relay)
Either way, it probably has something to do with that relay....

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Headlights & Heat in car Wont Work? (Aug)

OK!
What exactly is the x-relay? What does it look like and what does it do? How much is it for one of them?
My heat is working by a touch of the headlight switch! As soon as u let go, it stops!
Please Let me know! I will try this out tomorrow!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ok! I have been receiving no help at the moment and am really not liking this darkness crap~!!!!!!!
God gave us eyes to see, not to be blind and crash into things!!
Please, Help a partially blind brother out.

>>I have noticed that my heat blows when the headlight switch is turned on, HALF WAY! That is all i have noticed. Im assuming it is the relay, but which one and where??

Help Me Out Vortexians!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Can someone please tell me what a X-RELAY is!
That is all i need to know for now and try and see if thats whats wrong!
Please and Thanks You's!

Modified by JettaBwoy at 11:17 AM 2-19-2004

1 - 7 of 7 Posts