VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in some places thats around $3.00 for 91. thats bad news for me because im definatly in one of those places.........

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Re: (horsty69)

Quote, originally posted by horsty69 »
pure speculation...Im sure it will go higher, but there is no telling that it would go that high.

agreed. i am thinking its the media exaggerating to scare the public...

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Re: heard on the radio: gas prices could hit 2.75 in the summer (turbomadman)

Here in my part of Ontario Canada were paying 71.9 per liter, times that by roughly four and you'll get an idea as to what were paying!! And keep in mind that's for regular!! Yup - the Canadian government, want their money for nothing and their chicks for free!!!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Re: heard on the radio: gas prices could hit 2.75 in the summer (truszip)

We're at $1.68 gal., but I'm also the guy who pays $1.50 for an 8oz bottled water? So I can't say ****.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Re: heard on the radio: gas prices could hit 2.75 in the summer (Convallo)

I just payed 1.99 a gallon the other day. It is scary how fast the gas prices have gone up.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Re: heard on the radio: gas prices could hit 2.75 in the summer (awwsheeet)

if it goes over 2.15 for premium stock chip is goin back in,
thank god i had it socked

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
They do this every year. I'm not real worried. Even if it does go that high, what are you going to do about it? It's still much less than most other places in the world.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Well the real difference is that Europe has an amazing public transportation system, whereas in the States public transporation is largely mythical unless you look to big cities such as NYC.
Germany and France and even the UK aren't that small, there are just other options for getting places. Also the market is set up much better to deal with high fuel costs. Engines are generally much smaller (1.8L is considered quite high displacement in the UK, where many cars are 1.4, 1.2, 1 and even less,) and diesel engines are much more prevalent.
<--1500 posts!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Re: (horsty69)

Quote, originally posted by horsty69 »
pure speculation...Im sure it will go higher, but there is no telling that it would go that high.

well considering opec just decided to cut production again, it's not all speculation. http://www.forbes.com/home_eur....html
i just payed $2.03 on saturday. for some reason, over the past year our gas prices seem to have become more expensive than most of socal, which always used to be higher than vegas.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Re: heard on the radio: gas prices could hit 2.75 in the summer (truszip)

yeah, well you got it cheap. Average here is 80 cents/litre.
Quote, originally posted by truszip »
Here in my part of Ontario Canada were paying 71.9 per liter, times that by roughly four and you'll get an idea as to what were paying!! And keep in mind that's for regular!! Yup - the Canadian government, want their money for nothing and their chicks for free!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts