VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 80/60 cup kit on my 98 Jetta and at the time I purchased the new suspension I also purchased a prothane bushing kit, however i did not install both at the same time
I have done a lot of research on these bushings and I hear it is pretty tough to get that rear control arm bushing to fit in there, so my question was if I used a heat gun to heat up the bushing and made it soft at the time instead of grinding it away would that damage the bushing in any way or does it sound like it will work. And yes I have heard about the TT/R32 bushings so dont ask why I decided not to go with those because I already made my choice, TIA. Just a pic for you guys...nothin special but its my baby

· Registered
677 Posts
Re: Heat gun+Prothane bushings=...? (TaintedRide)

Quote, originally posted by TaintedRide »
I have an 80/60 cup kit on my 98 Jetta and at the time I purchased the new suspension I also purchased a prothane bushing kit, however i did not install both at the same time
I have done a lot of research on these bushings and I hear it is pretty tough to get that rear control arm bushing to fit in there, so my question was if I used a heat gun to heat up the bushing and made it soft at the time instead of grinding it away would that damage the bushing in any way or does it sound like it will work. And yes I have heard about the TT/R32 bushings so dont ask why I decided not to go with those because I already made my choice, TIA. Just a pic for you guys...nothin special but its my baby

dude kevin i don't care what those other @$$ holes are saying your car is low and sexy! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.