VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to get some feedback from you heat shield guru's on here. how easy/hard is it to do the directions indicated on www.torque-ag.com for the heatshield. is it worth the trouble if any?

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Re: heat shield info...torque-ag.com (lowazzgolf)

I have the heat shield. You don't really notice any gains, but if you pop the hood on a hot day you can just feel how much cooler it is on the intake side of the shield as compared to the engine side of the shield, I like mine, that's all that matters, yaay

One more thing...about fitment...the only problem I had (and still have) is the fact that the shield is about .5cm thick, which takes .5cm off of the intake tube where the filter bolts on...with my old Neuspeed filter I could get it to stay on but with the K&N filter, it slips right off
I'll be beating the snot outta my car and then pop the hood to realize the filter fell off. Other than that, great shield, looks great too!

[Modified by VW THUNDER, 8:17 PM 4-4-2002]

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Re: heat shield info...torque-ag.com (lowazzgolf)

I'd say it would be make a pretty radical difference in intake temperature. Honestly, I bet the install could be a bitch. It just seems like one of those "are you sure this is made for my car?" kind of things. Then again, I could be wrong. It only looks like a few nutserts. I'd say, if you have the money go for it

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Re: heat shield info...torque-ag.com (96jetta)

The only problem really with the actual install of the shield is trying to tilt it sideways in there and sqeeze it between the intake bracket and the metal tray above the headlight...other than that, it is just squeezing it next to that coolant tube and bolting it into place. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
7,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: heat shield info...torque-ag.com (VW THUNDER)

sounds hard, i think i'll put this one on :hold:

· Registered
10,454 Posts
Re: heat shield info...torque-ag.com (Salty D)

thing fits nicely, I like it a lot. Looks very nice too! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Too bad they dont make them anymore, meaning they are rare now. Anyonwa wanna buy mine? Production number #56, only $4,000!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.