VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so...heading home from the inlaws and we smell burning plastic. well it must be something from the car in front of us. nope...smoke starts coming from the heater controls. we pull over, i pull the radio out and try to get to the wiring for the controls. the a/c and circulation buttons start flaming. i blow them out and break to plastic tray ontop of the unit, to get at the wiring. un-plug all the wiring to the heater controls and the fire/ smoke finally stops.


has anyone else had a problem with the heater controls shorting out?
 

· Banned
Joined
·
53,535 Posts
As you know, all the circuits in the car are fused so that overload/fire will not happen. I would say that the wiring has been heavily modified/mutilated by someone, the fuse was bypassed or something other than a fuse was put in the slot on the fuse panel. Be assured, the OEM heater controls would not do this.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top