VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How mandatory are these things to have inside the heater hose? I found a carpet soaked with coolant, so i am guessing my heater core is done. Replacing it on thursday, should i bother putting that piece in there ? I never had one of those in there.
this here part

Thanx fellas

· Registered
8,792 Posts
I dont know how maditory it is, I do know that I just replaced my heatercore two weeks ago and it sucked balls. Also, I don't have that restrictor in my line, and on top of that, the dealer said the recall had already been completed for my car. My Corrado has had 99% of it's service at the dealer. I would like to know why the record isn't in my file and why the part isn't in my line....However to you question. I too would like to know how big of a deal it is to have or not to have said part.
Keith

· Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: heater core restrictor (leebro61)

ordered it from the dealer just now it was $2.50 for that little piece of ****.
apparently they are not too keen of swaped cars. It was a nice reminder of why i hate dealers, ontop of the fact that the kid that worked there put me on hold 4 times, to find this part after me giving him the number... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: heater core restrictor (vwguin)

yeah i ordered a heater core from germanautoparts. those dudes never let me down. It has the plastic end caps but whatever, the all mightly recall piece shall cure that

· Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: heater core restrictor (8vbunny)

Dont let them talk you into buying the whole kit, that kid tried to pull a fast one. They sell that little thing by itself, dealer i called had 3 in their stock.

· Registered
13,199 Posts
Re: heater core restrictor (corocco)

the ristrictor job is GAY! there is not enough coolant going through the heatercore in the leaving your ass cooooooooooold.

· Registered
8,792 Posts
Re: heater core restrictor (GotEuroCorrado)

Quote, originally posted by GotEuroCorrado »
the ristrictor job is GAY! there is not enough coolant going through the heatercore in the leaving your ass cooooooooooold.

Did you put yours in backwards LOL

· Registered
8,792 Posts
I dunno, I just put mine in, and I replaced my heatercore about a month ago, I felt no difference after putting it in a month later....of course this is just my experience, also you guys that got yours part for $3 and under, you got a good deal, I paid $5.88 for mine

· Registered
831 Posts
Re: heater core restrictor (8vbunny)

I've been dreading having to replace the core but its damn cold these days. I've been without heat for over a year.
So this restrictor deal is on the supply side of the core so I'm assuming it will stay put? Does this apply to all the cores even the most recently revised Valeo units?
Oh, and they are $1.90 at 1stvwparts.com

Modified by EuroFreak at 9:17 PM 12-11-2006

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.