VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
VW of NA

Hey guys, I has mine replaced at the stealership for $813. Only after paying did I hear about the whole TSB/silent recall thing. I called VW HQ in Auburn Hills, MI, and the cust care rep said "your deler should known about this, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, he called the dealer and they refused to budge, so I currently have a case under review at VWNA to see what they are going to do for me. I realize that since I have already paid, I don't have much bargaining position, but I do have a wife who is going to need another car in a year or so. Hmm, Passat wagon or Sube Outback?
VW may help me make that decision in the next few days. I'll keep ya posted.
BTW, 93 Pasat GLX with 136,000 miles at time of repair

·
Registered
946 Posts
Re: heater core placed and covered by VWofA

Well, Thanks for everyone who responded. I called VWofA and the first thing they asked me was if anyone was hurt. After that, they checked my VIN# to see if my car('92 Passat GL) was covered under the recall. It was not, but I was informed to take it to the dealer and that the dealer should know of a proceedure to follow to determine if it was the same failure that they were covering under the recall. It was and I received a call two days later from the dealer saying that VW was going to cover the cost of repair. Thanks to everyone, and thanks to VWofA.
Glenn Strouse

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 1995 Jetta 2.0. My core failed. I only drive it between April and October so I do not need heat. I did a bypass with a 90 degree elbow. Core is $35.00. Labor $1000.00. If you don't need heat where you live just bypass it and forget it. The people who think VW is going to cover that on recall are ridiculous. It just wore out after 26 years. That is not under warranty. Laughing.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts