VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I am talking about is there is a hose that goes to the throttle body that connects to two hoses that come out of the firewall.. i have been able to fix the problem but what i need to know is does the hose that runs to the throttle body have to do with lubricant the electronic gears in the black plastic covered part?
thanks for your help

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: Heating system busted! need help!!! (Impulse333)

I believe the function of that hose is to keep the throttle body warm so that it does not get affected by cold weather. I suspect that it also plays an OBDII role as well. I am pretty sure it is not serving as a method to lubricate any moving parts.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Re: Heating system busted! need help!!! (Impulse333)

Yeah, it's a coolant line. My car doesn't have one, so I suspect that your car doesn't really need one. Just bypass it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Heating system busted! need help!!! (BlueGTIguy)

thanks guys! i went to the Dealer and they say that part doesnt exist because we pulled up every diagram and popped the hood of every jetta that would be similar and NONE of them have my setup ... we think my car was made sooo early in the MK4 production that they used a slightly different setup on some cars. but im just goin to plug the light and sense it's summer i dont have to worry about it getting cold!! but when winter roles around , probably before then ill completely fix it .. .but thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts