VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i accelerate my front end shakes side to side, and the faster my speed the faster my shake... i cant figure it out. i took it to a friends garage and he sais it might be my struts... does that make sense? it only shakes when im on the gas and i cant pinpoint the problem. the dealership has no idea and it has gotten worse over the past few months. i need to fix this before something goes flying off my car. any advice or input is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Re: heavy shaking under acceleration Help! (dozer145)

check the obvious,loose wheel bolts or even a wheel with missing (or added weights
) new wheels/spacers put on,maybe missing a hubcentric ring?
does it change with speed or does it get worse as you go faster?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive checked wheel weights and bolts, it did it with my snow tires too. the faster i go, the faster the wobble... its like its a bad cv joint or something, but the cv joints are good, tranny mounts are tight motor mounts are tight, i just cant figure it out, the mechanic at the dealership wanted to put it on a rack and just swap parts with another jetta till we figured it out, but if i had the money to do that, id have the money to buy a whole new car basically. so im taking it to a tuner shop friday and gonna try to find out if they can pinpoint the problem. it only shakes when im on the throttle though, silky smooth when im coasting or in neutral.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Re: (T-Red Tex)

ctrl arm bushings
Tie rod ends
bad rack and pinion
could also be some issues with the drivetrain
seperated tire
or a
tire with high road force variation

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the ECS wheel hop eliminator kit which has all the urethane bushings in the control arms, it might be tie rod ends, i havent thought of that. its noy in my wheels, it did it with my snow tires/rims too.
as for t-red you should look at the wheel hop eliminator kit from ecstuning.com, that might solve your problem, mine does it at any speed as soon as i hit the gas. not mostly from stop.
the fact that the shaking is faster when i go faster makes me think its got something to do with the driveline, but it shakes side to side, i dont know. i appreciate the input guys, when i figure it out ill post it. hopefully by friday

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: (1.8t2nv)

I checked the front wheel bearings when i did my wheel balancing. They're good. I just noticed today my right axle inner c-v boot is seeping grease. So, i'm leaning towards a new right axle. Tie rod ends were tight as with the rack and pinion. Soooo, who sells the cheapest axles?

p.s. It doesn't feel like wheel hop. Wheel hop is 273hp in a fwd v6 Camry!

Modified by T-Red Tex at 7:54 PM 5-15-2007

·
Registered
47,627 Posts
Re: (T-Red Tex)

Quote, originally posted by T-Red Tex »
I checked the front wheel bearings when i did my wheel balancing. They're good. I just noticed today my right axle inner c-v boot is seeping grease. So, i'm leaning towards a new right axle. Tie rod ends were tight as with the rack and pinion. Soooo, who sells the cheapest axles?

p.s. It doesn't feel like wheel hop. Wheel hop is 273hp in a fwd v6 Camry!

Modified by T-Red Tex at 7:54 PM 5-15-2007

told you...
re-man's ...i paid something like $90 for the left side..i still have to do the right side but its not too bad yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.