VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've heard a lot of talk that people were still going but that there just wasn't going to be a uniformed show so to speak. I've got my doubts about the new location of Sowo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
We will still be going to helen

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
The helendorf sent out an email to past visitors with special room rates for people who are wanting to go back this year

·
Registered
987 Posts
We need Helen back it won't be the same anywhere else, everyone knows that. Were from Chicago and the 12 hour plus drive is completely worth it. We will be back also. The cars are flawless, The town is amazing and the atmosphere is to die for. :popcorn: SOWO2K16 LETS MAKE SOWO GREAT AGAIN 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
We will likely be going to Helen as well. As much as I hate not supporting the show that Sowo puts on every year. Helen is what makes sowo so special for me. Otherwise it's just going to be another car show.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm also in favor of returning to the original SoWo venue site, regardless of whether the show will be there. The atmosphere, scenery, and cuisine alone are reason enough to go back! If VW enthusiasts converge on the town in smaller numbers, it would be a nice, informal gathering without all the chaos that ruined the show last year. I'm assuming that the 2016 Helen rendezvous would be the same days as the SoWo event in Savannah (May 13-15th)? Maybe us diesel owners could have a TDI show before we trade our cars in for VW gassers! LOL

·
Registered
544 Posts
Will be attending the event in Helen with about 5 friends, 4 VWs and one E30.

See ya'll in a few days. We're staying Wed - Monday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
is there a link to the facebook page? my friends and i were thinking about skipping Savannah. sowo doesnt feel like sowo unless its in helen.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts