VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read posts on the forum for the last few days and would like to thank you for attending and want to thank you for the positive attitudes regarding LE and the problem kids. I would like to respond and clear up some questions. First off regarding the call in of the GSP, our Agency has a total of 9 fulltime and 2 part time Officers. Due to shift assignments and 2 of those 9 working Security over night at the site, we are stretched thin. Friday night at the time of the problems we had only 4 Officers in the City for service, yep just 4. We needed help fast and that's why the call was made. Our Officers were told to give your members breathing room, I know myself overlooked 30 violations on Thursday alone. Remember if an Officer makes an arrest he will be out for over an hour, now make that 2 or 3 well you get the picture. The Officer on the 4 quad (a present from a local business) by Friday night had worked 14 hours had to drive 30 miles home to sleep for 5 hours to come back for another 16. I enjoyed talking and waving at a great bunch of folks, the GSP said they really enjoyed it. I have not spoken with Matt or Chris since the event (its ok guys you can call). As it stands now, it will be up to SoWo if you return, I cant speak for the City Commissioners, but I think they are willing. Now there will be changes and they will be discussed. It is my hope more dumpster will be put out. Upon speaking with the GSP Supervisor and some Commissioners, we would like to set up a burn out area or 2 and charge a small fee, this would be a secure location (crowd control). Also establish some type of paid sticker to allow you to drive on Edelwiess, controlled by your staff. Staff members working / riding with us for control. As for the Church video, Mr. "H" we know who you are and where you live, nice DL photo too. Our staff are willing to again work with you in 14. Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Thanks for everything! I burn out area would be excellent, but a toll on the main drag would be a bit much!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
This is simply amazing!! Having been coming to this show since year one I was very affraid for its future. I would like to take the time to thank you greatly and understanding that the 99% are true and honest enthusiasts that love this show and there are a couple bad seeds.

I highly enjoyed talking with a few of both HPD and GSP while at the show. Can clearly tell they are a great group of officers!

We appreciate the hard work and understanding you bring to this show!!

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
AWESOME!!!!

Thank you for posting. I know for a fact my two kids had a run in with the local police and they were super nice!

next year I thought about getting a group of volunteers just to help with trash detail.

This show WILL stay focused, clean, and respectful regardless of how large it grows as long as we keep it that way.

Thanks again for posting.

Respectfully,

A person who has gone five times and will be back again!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Rock on guys. We really appreciate you very much.

For the burnout box, it'd be really awesome if it could be tied into a charity. Maybe American Cancer Society since that's the one we donated to this year. Speaking of, thank you to everyone who donated!

See y'all next year!

Austin J

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Hope y'all have the 370z's DL also. Way more reckless than the guy in the church parking lot.

On a side note, show was awesome, can't wait to be back next year:wave:

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
You know everywhere we went we were told that the Shriners were waaaaaay worse than us. Go figure. Thank you for all you do HPD. :beer:

·
Registered
294 Posts
That is awesome!

I didn't get to go this year but I'm making a solid attempt next year to attend.

I'm glad to hear that the local PD is willing to work with the guys that put this event together. It will make for a solid show!

Thanks Helen PD and GSP!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I spoke to both the male and female officer stationed at the Helendorf several times throughout Saturday, they were incredibly kind, and joked with me and my friends. Even as my beer count increased they never were annoyed and were having a good time laughing talking with our friend group. Very down to earth. Thank you for the response!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Awesome and thanks

Much appreciated! It was my first year and although I did not witness a lot of the madness I am sure it happened. Thanks a lot for putting up with us. I hope to see ya next year!

1 - 20 of 250 Posts