VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
You guys must know that the chief of police allowed 30 minutes to do all the but outs you want. This is a fact. That was the peak of the mob.

·
Premium Member
04 R32, 19 Golf R
88,069 Posts
Honestly hope its on lockdown next year, I'd like to cruise the strip at night without worrying about people reaching in my car and screaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to be able to drive back to my hotel room without sitting in traffic for three hours.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You guys must know that the chief of police allowed 30 minutes to do all the but outs you want. This is a fact. That was the peak of the mob.
I talked to my wife about this. Is it possible that this was allowed so that it would hopefully bring some order to a crowd that was on the verge of getting out of hand? There was how many for the police force? There was no way for what little amount of police they had to be able to control the crowd of that size. I believe they was hoping that if they showed us some respect, they would receive the same amount back. I'm glad my family wasn't able to afford to stay in town, but had to camp out of town, and away from everything. It made getting to and from the show a pain, but knowing that my 4 year old son was safe was worth the wait of traffic.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I hope that was the thought process behind allowing them to do burnouts. If so :banghead:.

and if it was its a damn shame, the police have enough respect for them to even allow it and they(crowd) turn around and totally blow it back in their faces

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
that ship has already set sail lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Was there...For a while there I actually thought I had shown up to a BMW/Import/Truck show. Had a lot of fun hanging out in the parking lots and kicking back some beers with actual car enthusiasts while all the kids acted a fool and vape'd non-stop...sooo many vapers. It was a little embarrassing and if anyone watched the town hall meeting the weds. after you will know that they voted down the show next year. Sorry Helen PD...you guys did everything you could and were really cool even when people were not. Great job!:beer:

SOWO 2015 official motto: "DO A BURNOUT" :facepalm:

241 - 250 of 250 Posts