VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Helen PD, I spoke to one State Trooper but want to say again... we apologize for all the *******s. Some of us that drive over 10 hours to come to your town are in fact responsible people. :thumbup:

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
Hoping I can make it next year. The Helen PD seem to be awesome...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
:heart::heart::thumbup::thumbup::beer::beer:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
As a Vender and 7 time attender of the show, I have always been impressed with the police presence and tolerance for some of the nonsense that occurs.

I think that a Toll or a paid "parking/driving" pass would not be a bad thing at all, it would keep some of the trolling out, it would provide the city with further compensation for the mess that is inevitably left for them to deal with. A controlled area for burnouts and what not would be excellent it may even less the crowds on sidewalks.. especially if you could have it as a pass through area, one way drive in and peel, and continue out and the next guy comes through..

Anyway, AWESOME job, thanks again to all of the LE involved, and hope to see you all next year!!

Sal

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
First and foremost, thank you HPD.

Taking the time to respond and reach out is awesome!

Both my fiancé and I will attend next year SoWo willing.

Also a big thank you to the show organizers and volunteers!!! The sacrifices made on your end do not go unnoticed.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Wow, I'm rather speechless, never in a million years would I expect the police department to create an account and respond, but to respond with such a positive attitude is just a dream come true.

I would like to thank the PD for being so lenient, nice and well, i guess you can say, understanding.

Ocean city, take note of this!!!

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Thanks for your patience and hard work! !

I haven't posted on this site for a long time... but this more than deserves mine and many others' thanks.

Although I am part of the NC H20 Tuning, I am speaking mostly for myself.

I attended last year, but didn't get the chance to help out much, due to the fact that my wife was in military training, and it was a last minute idea to drive almost 6 hours with my two boys 7 and 4 at that time. We had the time of our lives, remembering and reminiscing our years living in Germany. It was a blast and I had no idea a town like this even could exist around these parts. I was in love with the town, people, food, beer, just EVERYTHING! I promised my wife we would go back this year, and we did!

We had an awesome stay at a cabin not too far north of Helen, got there Wednesday and left Sunday. This time, we both helped out with the rest of our crew and I personally had the chance to meet alot more locals and I can say honestly that if I had a choice, we would never leave Helen. It has everything to offer that we want. So, I want to personally thank the entire Helen Police Department, the supporting Police Force and also all the local store owners, business and citizens, and a special thanks to the owners and staff of the indoor go-carts!!!... You all deserve alot for putting up with 3 crazy days of outsiders tearing up your city! Although most of us that attend, do truly respect your efforts, like everyone else knows, there is always a few that cross the lines.

PS: Thx for letting us replace the clutch on the side of the main "strip" and sorry about the mess!! (I was the mechanic with the VW tech shirt)

Hope to see you all next year!!!!

Thank you all again and we love you all!! (this is his wife ;) )

Adrian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks HPD and GSP

You guys rock! Thanks for all of your hard work. It was a great show, and I will certainly be back next year. Highlight of the show... Officer that stopped the 370Z had the best comment ever that drew a round of applause. "I thought this was a VW show!" I loved it. From what I witnessed, there were more non-VW violators among the crowd.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
FV-QR

This was my first time in Helen and the first person I spoke to upon my arrival to your fine city was a HPD officer. We met several times over the course of the weekend and every time we had a great time talking cars...

All the officers were great, heck we even had one ask us if he could sign the Scirocco at the gas station. My dumb ass forgot to take a picture, as it would have been awesome.

My recommendation for next year is to charge a small fee to attend the show and use this money towards more security to help HPD so they don't have to shoulder the burden. More trash containers around the town would be a benefit as well.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
:thumbup: I think they did a great job! Allowed the 98% to have fun while handling business when someone crossed the line.

21 - 40 of 250 Posts