VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I am also amazed that an LEO made an account and set the record straight. The HPD tolerance/understanding for the asshattery was beyond commendable. My hat is off to all of you fine men/women. :beer::thumbup:

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
It's amazing how much is still controlled with such a small staff of officers. Props to you guys for as much as you've done over the years for this show.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
That's about as cool as you could ever ask any PD to be X10. Props to HPD for keeping their cool when some of the show goers were not. A little self policing volunteers might go a long way towards keeping the stress off the PD, a way to punt the worst offenders from the show areas possibly might get some people to slow their roll if they knew the show was over for them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
First time at SOWO and I brought my four year old. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone (police and no) for making it a great experience, as well as one I felt comfortable sharing with my daughter :) I never once worried about her safety, or ours, and never felt like things were "out of control" like all the horror stories I've heard about other shows. I'm glad they understand and that one or two stupid idiots aren't going to ruin it for us all! Thanks again!

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
:heart::thumbup:HPD

·
Registered
420 Posts
ill admit that the high police presence was a little weird at first but but im glad they were there to take care of the nonsence that has grown over the years. thank you to the city, the police presence, and the SOWO crew and volunteers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
thank you so much for taking the time to get in touch with us. you guys are awesome. i think a toll on the strip is a great idea, it would keep the trolls/JDM/******** from causing trouble. nearly every single incident and burnout i witnessed was caused by a non-german car. i love this show and im glad every effort was and is being made to help it continue.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow, I am speechless. It's so cool that the Helen PD has reached back out to the community, and taken the time to give us feedback on the event. I think the ideas presented are fantastic ideas. A few bucks for a permit to drive on the main drag, a paid burnout pit, and more dumpsters. I also think the idea presented on the first page of maybe having some volunteers for trash duty (perhaps waive their pit/drag fees for incentive) is an awesome idea. I'd do it, incentive or not! Well...maybe a SoWo shirt would be nice :p but again, all of my respect and thanks to the Helen PD, and the GSP, for making this a safe and awesome event. From my group to you, thank you for letting us come and be a part of your awesome town.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow possibly the coolest thing I've ever read:beer:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I think all of the police officers were amazing, city, county, and state. Immediate response to trouble makers and not even a rumor of anyone being hassled. Cannot thank everyone enough.

As far as the burnout thing, I never really thought it was at all appropriate for this event. I think that behavior being around at all, even in a controlled area brings the wrong vibe to the show.

I usually stay on Edelweiss, I'm not really for paying to get to my hotel/condo.

More trashcans everywhere would definitely be a big help.
In response to one of the earlier comments, you don't need to volunteer to clean up, just do it.

See everybody next year!

41 - 60 of 250 Posts