VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am the proud new owner of a 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line Black Edition - I had the dealer install the Helix spare compartment sub right away and just picked up the car - Was doing some research in advance and gave the dealer a head's up that they should make sure and use their dingle to set the right "tiguan" program...

Well they said they DID, however it sounds harsh and distorted at anything over like 50% volume. I have a sneaking suspicion they really don't know how to program these things, and I wonder what they actually did / did not program correctly.

I have seen various threads about members here sharing / renting, so I was hoping someone could steer me to the latest thread where I could possibly get some Tiguan-peeps experience and also maybe rent one to try and deal with it on my own...

Thanks in advance - love the car already!

CM

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Here:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also - I might have a line on a local dongle but the person says they do not have the cable - is this just a standard Ethernet cable or is it a specialty wiring layout that needs the actual cable that comes with it?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Once you use the dongle. It completely improves the sound quality with the Helix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
366 Posts
You need to code it to 19. Its the legacy Tiguan but there is no option for the MQB Tiguan. 19 sounded great when it was programmed. The guy at the dealer switched through different programmings while I was listening in the car to find the best one.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
You need to code it to 19. Its the legacy Tiguan but there is no option for the MQB Tiguan. 19 sounded great when it was programmed. The guy at the dealer switched through different programmings while I was listening in the car to find the best one.
20 I believe is for MQB version now

·
Registered
'20 SE R Line Black
75 Posts
Stupid q but hey, they're fun to ask: 20 Tig SE R Line here (standard audio system), just had the Helix installed last week. Sound is def much better but I swear it can/could be much MUCH better. Dealer says they did the correct programming but I'm not sure what they did. Would I be out of line if I asked for the installer at the dealer to tell me what he coded? They did have the car for a longer period of time for install.

Also does the programming add a slider for Subwoofer control in the Bass/Mid/Treble sound screen at all or does it just remain the same? Saw that the GTI screens have Sub control so thought we might get it too.

I may be adding my name to the Helix Dongle rental thread soon enough

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Stupid q but hey, they're fun to ask: 20 Tig SE R Line here (standard audio system), just had the Helix installed last week. Sound is def much better but I swear it can/could be much MUCH better. Dealer says they did the correct programming but I'm not sure what they did. Would I be out of line if I asked for the installer at the dealer to tell me what he coded? They did have the car for a longer period of time for install.

Also does the programming add a slider for Subwoofer control in the Bass/Mid/Treble sound screen at all or does it just remain the same?

I may be adding my name to the Helix Dongle rental thread soon enough
That’s what they said when I got it installed. They said it’s programmed but once I put my name on the list and programmed myself a night and day difference. Note once it’s programmed you don’t need to touch the bass mid or treb unless you want to Tweak it just a bit.

·
Registered
'20 SE R Line Black
75 Posts
That’s what they said when I got it installed. They said it’s programmed but once I put my name on the list and programmed myself a night and day difference. Note once it’s programmed you don’t need to touch the bass mid or treb unless you want to Tweak it just a bit.
OK but 1st I'm going to go back to the dealer and find the tech who did the work and ask what he put in 19 or 20 or just whatever he thought would work.

Understand about the B/M/T settings but does this add also give you the Sub level control or not?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It does not give you control to the SUB . You are programming the Helix and the DSP does all the tuning. When I asked the same question to the tech they looked at me crazy that’s when u realize they did do not use any dongle. So be prepared

·
Registered
'20 SE R Line Black
75 Posts
Thanks! I'm going to the dealer today and ask them to verify exactly what setting they programmed. If they look at me like I have 3 heads then I'll add my name to the list. Also what setting is best- 19 or 20 for my vehicle?

I assume it's a simple as connecting the dongle to the amp that's located in the Helix and then following the directions supplied, yes? I've tried searching for the most current waiting list but all I can see is the one from 2018- is there a newer/more recent list?

·
Registered
16,918 Posts
Thanks! I'm going to the dealer today and ask them to verify exactly what setting they programmed. If they look at me like I have 3 heads then I'll add my name to the list. Also what setting is best- 19 or 20 for my vehicle?

I assume it's a simple as connecting the dongle to the amp that's located in the Helix and then following the directions supplied, yes? I've tried searching for the most current waiting list but all I can see is the one from 2018- is there a newer/more recent list?
If you're referring to my programmer rental list....it's 100% up to date in the first post & still going strong:

·
Registered
'20 SE R Line Black
75 Posts
If you're referring to my programmer rental list....it's 100% up to date in the first post & still going strong:
Got it! I assumed wrong...my bad.

So what setting is best for me do you think, 19 or 20? And my summary of programming the device is correct, yes?

·
Registered
16,918 Posts
Got it! I assumed wrong...my bad.

So what setting is best for me do you think, 19 or 20? And my summary of programming the device is correct, yes?
You'd want 20, for the 2nd gen. Tiguan.

Yes, key on the ignition, plug in the programmer into the DSP, turn the dial to the number of the file that you want, press the dial button down to select the file and then ~5 seconds later it's done flashing.
Doesn't get any easier

1 - 20 of 33 Posts