VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just bought these tails from a fellow vortexer and am wondering if theres a way to get the inner amber lense out... I took the amber out of my front turns so I want it to match...
If so, is it easy to mess up? Thanks!

· Registered
2,093 Posts
Re: Hella M3s (t.o.golf3)

Quote, originally posted by t.o.golf3 »
Hey, just bought these tails from a fellow vortexer and am wondering if theres a way to get the inner amber lense out... I took the amber out of my front turns so I want it to match...
If so, is it easy to mess up? Thanks!

hey... i remember that car... u were at Phil's house when i was picking up my headlights and strut bar off of him... i was gonna buy the tails off of him too but decided to wait a bit.
The tails turned out good!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Hella M3s (Crunch007)

Hey, yeah... your car looks nice, i like the red... I was a little shy being theres not much done to the car...
How are the headlights? You get the lids off?
I think i'm gonna get rid of the amber, i'll risk it... i see bmws with it all the time.

· Registered
2,979 Posts

not sure about the toronto area.... but around here in ny i see people w/ hyperwhite/blueish turns all the time. my roommate has had them in his p-finder for like 2 years and never had a problem. his are really bright too

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Hella M3s (mackie421)

Ok guys, I've decided to do it... I just took them off to examine it...
Should I dremel from the back or should I try to take the clear cover off?
I took the clear cover off my front turn sigs to get the amber out... but these are a little more expensive to replace...
Tips/Suggestions are welcome!

· Registered
2,093 Posts

hey thanks man... i did get the eyelids off... it was a lot easier than i thought it was gonna be.
I'd say dremel it from the back... don't try to take the clear cover off... i've seen people go through a bunch of sets of lights trying to do it without busting it. It takes a lot of patience which i dont have much of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.