VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the story is this.
I pick up the new J Coupe in VT yesterday. Drive back to MA on RT91...
Somewhere along the way, the connection in between the downpipe (single NOT the dual downpipe) and right before the CAT broke! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
(Thanks aaron)
j/p its not your fault
SO ive been driving for like 40 miles, with just a downpipe, i tried to silence it a little, but its still mad F**{)*(^_( loud.
It has been recomended to me that i should just switch to a dual downpipe set-up, seeing as the single down will likely need replacement....
anybody have an idea where i can get one(dual) set-up, and for how much?
the car needs a bunch of work so i dont have the $$ to throw around...
needs a windshield (within 9 days of this post) and the power steering DOES not work, dont know if its the pump or something else....
any help will be greatly apreciated

1991 Jetta Coupe 8V
Intrax lowering springs
boge shocks & struts
MK3 front brakes

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Re: HELLLPPPPP Exhaust WORK (secondgen)

just have a muffler shop weld the muffler to the cat. it will cost about $20 max and take all of 30min. Should last for a bit longer.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: HELLLPPPPP Exhaust WORK (danny_16v)

Would it be a good idea to look into and save up for a dual downpipe/header set-up?
is it really worth the $$

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
ive heard that the headers are a waste of money, they make less low end torque and really dont help out that much. people swear by the stock dual manifold and downpipe. i am getting one from the junker for like 60 bucks this week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts