VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to post or something. Totally new to this forum. My name is Stephen. I'm from Bay Area, CA and I own a '89 Jetta GL and thought about fixing it up. Problem is, I don't know much about how to install things and exactly what to buy. If anyone here could help me out that would be great.
I've been to many Hot Import Nights car shows (ya i kno, my car isnt Japanese) so I know some about cars.
And yup! that's my intro.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nahh the vw has been in the family a long time. its been handed down to me since my bro just bought a new car and i can drive now.
and thanks.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
get a shovel and all your money....welll the rest is up to you....hee heee..jk we all love our cars...really..we do ..no for reals tho...uhhhh.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Re: (knappy)

Quote, originally posted by knappy »
Hi or something.

dude... ima blow my lungs out cuz of you...
cant stop laughin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can anyone tell me what my car is called? like the whole name.
It's a sedan and its an auto. i hope thats enough info other than 89 jetta gl. lol. mk2 is the body style right?

·
Banned
18,956 Posts
Re: (Kirmidon)

MK2 Mark 2 A2 Jetta or as I like to call them sh*t boxes. As for yours? I'd call it a grenade without the pin.

·
Banned
18,956 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Kirmidon »
lol ok. thanks..... whats the A2?

Your car. All depends who you talk to depends on what they call it. Either way it's a second generation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahh i see.
and o yea 1 more question.
Why does it have wolfsburg emblems. i think its wolfsburg at least.
wolf on top of a castle? is my car the wolfsburg edition?? didnt think there was one.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts

as i learned, the square emblem doesnt mean anything. if it's a wolfsburg edition, it will have a round emblem...

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
What does A1, A2, etc. stand for?
The chassis codes for each Volkswagen are a quick way to differentiate between models that have the same name for many years (i.e. 20 years of Jetta).
The following table should help you differentiate between all the numbers you may see on this site and others.
A1: Rabbit, Rabbit Convertible, Cabriolet, Scirocco I 75-81, Jetta I 80-84, Scirocco II 82-88, Rabbit Pickup 80-84
A2: Golf and Jetta II 85-92, Corrado 90-94
A3: Golf and Jetta III 93-99.5 and Cabrio 95-97
A4: Golf and Jetta IV 99.5 and up
B3: Passat 90-94
B4: Passat 95-97
B5: Passat 98 and up (includes B5.5)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts