VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and girls), been a long time since I last posted in here, but I'm finally back into the Dub world. Some of you might remember a little "incident" with the head on my G60 and the car really hasn't changed much since then. I finally picked up a Mk2 Jetta so that's my daily now (better than my tC) and damn does it feel good to be back in some kind of VW.
So aside from the small talk, I've got some new plans for my car, and one of them is to replace every nut and bolt on the car, firewall forward. Now Obviously I could take them and go to a hardware store and just buy the correct sizes, but does anybody know of some sort of list that has all the nut/bolt sizes and what they are for? I think it would just be a bit easier to have a list to match up to versus a bunch of bolts. Any advice/input is appreciated.
And just to be a bitch

Paint and body work within the next month

· Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea your not kiddin, I've gotta get up in 2 1/2 hours for school and then I've got a fun filled day of workin on cars.
I doubt my bentley would have anything like that. I'm sure i could sift through the pages and make my own list...but that would suck

· Registered
10,218 Posts
Re: (Swink)

Etka http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I've done pretty much the same on mine, but gradually. Every time I've removed something I bought new bolts from the dealer. They're actually very cheap for most of them so it's really not worth replacing them with generic bits. Most of them are special shapes or lengths that you can't get generic anyway.
Nice colour by the way

Mikki x

· Registered
5,125 Posts
go to the dealer and tell them you want every nut and bolt from the firewall forward... see what they say... hahahaha... i would have done exactly what MikkiJayne did... but my closest dealership is over a 1/2 an hour away...

· Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (herby53-akaherby53)

Quote, originally posted by herby53-akaherby53 »
one thing to remember is that you need to make sure you get the right grade in bolt . cannt just use something with the same size and thread.
nice color http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yup, which is why I was hoping to find a nice little list. Seeing as how a lot of the older rusted bolts no longer have the grade numbers stamped in the top of them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.