VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got these falken koblenz for my 04 R32, but I am not an expert when it comes to this so my hope is that someone here know about it...
So here we go, just wondering if its ok to use these rim on my 04 R32 because of the 4WD. The rear wheels are 19/10.5 and the front are 19/8.5, would that ruin anything on my car?
Please HELP, I hope its no problem...
Thnaks!

· Registered
87 Posts
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! 2004 R32 on falken koblenz (19/8.5 front and 1 ... (lilucas_rita33)

I'm in the same boat, I want to put bigger "shoes" in the back of my 04' .:R32... but I don't know what this does to the transfer case, etc on this car.
it's my understanding that as long as the diameter of the front/rear are the same, they should be ok... in other words, they need to make the same # of revolutions as each other.
anyone?

· Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what my friend told me, so I guess just as long as the rim and tire size are the same the # of revolutions should be the same. But like I said, I am no expert so what makes sense to me could be wrong.

Please help!!!

Modified by lilucas_rita33 at 8:39 AM 3-22-2010

· Registered
182 Posts
Re: (lilucas_rita33)

Quote, originally posted by lilucas_rita33 »
Thats what my friend told me, so I guess just as long as the rim and tire size are the same the # of revolutions should be the same. But like I said, I am no expert so what makes sense to me could be wrong.

Please help!!!

Modified by lilucas_rita33 at 8:39 AM 3-22-2010

I had a B6 S4 (AWD obviously) and was told that the diameter of the tire was the key component and not the width.
I'm not warrantying this advice but from what I've been told, even on a AWD car if the wheels are different widths you should be okay.
But the R32 has a different AWD system than my S4 did.
But I see guys with staggered wheels on Subies all the time ... I think you should be okay. I'd get an alignment though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.