VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this conversion before. I am trying to find out if there's a tutorial or step by step on wiring the oem led taillights to the gen 1 2012 CC.

Pic for progress.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
There is no tutorial but its been discussed on this forum.
You need new bumper, body bumper retainer s, tail lights and slightly modify trunk light opening. Then get yourself wiring diagrams from VW erWin Online | Volkswagen of America | erWin Online

To cross-reference wiring from two cars. I believe there is slight modification needed to the wiring. VCDS is probably required as well to code for led lights

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
There is no tutorial but its been discussed on this forum.
You need new bumper, body bumper retainer s, tail lights and slightly modify trunk light opening. Then get yourself wiring diagrams from VW erWin Online | Volkswagen of America | erWin Online

To cross-reference wiring from two cars. I believe there is slight modification needed to the wiring. VCDS is probably required as well to code for led lights

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I don’t think you have to modify anything other than the wiring if you have the bumper and the trunk ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t think you have to modify anything other than the wiring if you have the bumper and the trunk ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What you see in the pic has already been done; they're before and after. The trunk is the same externally but the housing for the inner taillights is different. Right now, I'm looking for the diagram for wiring the second gen taillights to work with the first gen or any insight m

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts