VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy my wife a new car and we both like the 4 door Golf. We have two young kids and are looking for a nice car to drive around town. We have a larger SUV for longer trips. I am leaning towards the diesel because of the gas mileage. I am not sure about the trim level. Besides the sunroof, what is the main difference between the GL and GLS? For the money, which would you recommend? How much off of sticker should I expect to pay? Any other advice?

· Registered
2,657 Posts
Re: Help! - a few Golf questions from a newbie... (lange)

Check out vw.com for prices and the package differences.
Also I don't think CA is getting TDI's anymore......Good choice.
There's a VW dealer down near myself that has a TDI Jetta Wagon, but I don't recomend the dealership.

· Registered
57 Posts
Re: Help! - a few Golf questions from a newbie... (lange)

One differance between the two is the cloth seats. The GLS has a softer cloth that attracts dust, while the GL has a flat woven cloth. Its not as soft but easier to clean. The alloy wheels can only be had with an automatic transmission on the GL trim level. They are standard on the GLS. There is no front armrest on the GL.
Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, feel free.
Welcome to the Tex!

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Re: Help! - a few Golf questions from a newbie... (jaguarS4R)

I'd go with the GL, only thing it doesn't have really is the sunroof, and maybe a few other minor details. The GLS has the velour interior, which isn't really that cool in my opinion; I'd rather have the flat woven cloth. The GL is probably more for less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.