VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day while driving, my ABS indicator light on my dash (92 SLC) came on and now it will not go off. I knew I needed new front pads and for some dumb reason I thought maybe there was a sensor there that would set the ABS light off, but I replaced my pads yesterday and the light is still on. Could anyone please tell me why this is on? Break fluid level is perfect and I can't see any leaks from above. A friend told me it is probably an electrical issue as opposed to a hydraulic problem. Please, any help is greatly appreciated. You can post here, IM me, or send me email at [email protected] Thanks again guys!

[Modified by VDUB113, 2:03 PM 1-29-2003]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: HELP*ABS INDICATOR on 92 SLC*HELP (VDUB113)

only a few problems can throw the light. most likely there is a bad wheel speed sensor. without getting the module scanned it is going to be tough to find what is actually setting the code. if you have a bently manual, it might show you procedures,ect but unless there is something visibly wrong under the car, might be rough. things to visibly inspect: solid black wire going to each steering knuckle. check it for cracks, breaks, or any other deformation, possible it may have come out of holder and is wearing on inner tire. look for obvious stuff first before assuming the worst. usually ends up being something silly. hope this helps.
quote:[HR][/HR]The other day while driving, my ABS indicator light on my dash (92 SLC) came on and now it will not go off. I knew I needed new front pads and for some dumb reason I thought maybe there was a sensor there that would set the ABS light off, but I replaced my pads yesterday and the light is still on. Could anyone please tell me why this is on? Break fluid level is perfect and I can't see any leaks from above. A friend told me it is probably an electrical issue as opposed to a hydraulic problem. Please, any help is greatly appreciated. You can post here, IM me, or send me email at [email protected] Thanks again guys!

[Modified by VDUB113, 2:03 PM 1-29-2003][HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: HELP*ABS INDICATOR on 92 SLC*HELP (VDUB113)

i have the same problem but with a twist. The e- brake was left on by AAA after being towed ( long story) but the rear brake was already down to the wire and now the ABS light came on, so good thing it's at matrix http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif They can take care of it more me and i will let ya know what the prob was for me.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Re: HELP*ABS INDICATOR on 92 SLC*HELP (Robbie'sgtivr6)

your best bet is to find someone with a ross-tech who can scan it for you. This happened to me about 2 yrs ago, and it ended up being a faulty wheel speed sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts