VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been having a bucking problem when going forward. Only when in gear and on the gas, when off throttle it seems to be fine. So today, I cleaned off the engine and backed it out to the street and put it in a forward gear and I can't go. Like someone has the brakes on or something, you can feel it want to go, but negative. I put it in neutral and try to push with no luck either, I can push it backwards in neutral but not forward. If I clutch I still can't go forward while pushing, only backwards. Feels like the brake is on or the tranny has gone south. Clutch feels fine, tranny works in reverse, gears move thru and feel fine, but no forward....any ideas? My new money pit!!!

·
Banned
13,061 Posts
Re: HELP again, 87 16V Question (Boggus)

Sounds like a problem with the ring & pinion. Does the tranny make any noise when you push it backward with the engine off?
Check the selector shaft on the tranny to be sure it's moving as each gear is selected. It could be a bad shift linkage too.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Re: HELP again, 87 16V Question (Electron Man)

A bad wheel bearing, that is seizing, I have never known it to happen but that does not mean that it isn't possible

1 - 3 of 3 Posts