VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL i did was change the spark plugs from regular boshe ones to platinum 2 boshe ones ...and i did everything right im pretty sure i did everything right I had to take off the intake manifold but i got no clue this is so frustrating i tried the search couldnt find anything ...........thanks

· Registered
24,793 Posts
Re: (vwtuning)

get some new single prong OEM bosch and put them in, instead of the dual prongs you just put in.
I don't know what the problem is, but i'm willing to bet that your car is runny badly, no?

· Registered
4,965 Posts
you DO NOT need to remove the intake manifold to change plugs on a 2.o, just get a long arse extension for your rachet. Plus my 2.o runs better with the basic bosch plugs, it did some wierd stuff when I had the platinums and I ended going back to new stock ones. Make sure everything is gapped right.
I found this page to be quite helpful:
http://www.rsip.lsu.edu/tom/vw-sparkplugs.html

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Re: HELP!! all i did was ..... (allblackdub)

Quote, originally posted by allblackdub »
ALL i did was change the spark plugs from regular boshe ones to platinum 2 boshe ones ...and i did everything right im pretty sure i did everything right I had to take off the intake manifold but i got no clue this is so frustrating i tried the search couldnt find anything ...........thanks

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

· Banned
1,636 Posts
Re: (VJVR6)

Quote, originally posted by VJVR6 »
Its only 5 bolts to remove the upper part of the intake manifold. So if you do that its way easier....... escpecially if you have big hands.

its pointless the hardest part about doing the plugs is the boots, its hard to get them off without the tool for the job. The plugs are easy to get out with a normal extention. Changing plugs is not hard even with big hands, unless your a five year old your not getting your hands between the lower intake manifold between the runners to pull the boots off the plugs or even to lossen the plugs with a wrench that way......

· Registered
485 Posts
Re: (OnelowcabriO)

I wonder did you change the Intake Manifold Gasket after removing it? Cause it wont suck air in Correctly and sometimes if the Gasket is pretty old it wont even let you Crank it over because of the huge loss of air.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.