VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mechanic just called (I don't have the time or tools to do it myself), and said "this new mount looks much smaller than the old (stock) one... doesn't look like it's gonna work, it's giving up about 6 inches." Does this sound right? I wasn't under the car, so I don't know what it's supposed to look like.

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: Help! Any pics of Turn 2 lower mount install? (JettaCultMember)

my stock mount was about 4 ", the turn 2 was maybe 3.5", so it was slightly smaller...
but i have a 2.slizzow, you have a vr6. So this is only a bump for ya

·
Registered
16,726 Posts
Re: Help! Any pics of Turn 2 lower mount install? (Slapshotnerd)

It sounds like your mechanic is trying to replace the upper front mount instead of the lower front mount. The upper front mount is 6-7 inches tall while the lower one is around 3 inches. The mount takes about 5 mintues to install and that is being generous.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Re: Help! Any pics of Turn 2 lower mount install? (JettaCultMember)

if you go to turn 2's website there's online picturial that you can see the installation on ...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Help! Any pics of Turn 2 lower mount install? (shftat6)

Thanks for the insight, all... very helpful. I'm getting better, but I just wish I was a little more mechanically inclined sometimes. And then there's the fact that I don't have a torque wrench, anyway... This looks pretty simple though, and that install link on the turn2 site looks idiotproof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.