VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO on my way back from chipolte today, my car all of the sudden starts to run really crappy and stuttering and backfiring, then the ASR then the check engine light starts to flash so I make it down the road about 1 minute to my house. It smells like eggs (Cat??) there is a ticking coming from under my car near the middle. Also it sounds like it has a really bad knock coming from the valvetrain... mother of god this car is crap.
any suggestions or help? Obviously I need to scan it but I can't any time soon. So any idea ladies and gents???

pic for clicks

· Banned
32,048 Posts
Re: Help anyone? Car is running like poo (Vdubin372)

Quote, originally posted by Vdubin372 »
SO on my way back from chipolte today, my car all of the sudden starts to run really crappy and stuttering and backfiring, then the ASR then the check engine light starts to flash so I make it down the road about 1 minute to my house. It smells like eggs (Cat??) there is a ticking coming from under my car near the middle. Also it sounds like it has a really bad knock coming from the valvetrain... mother of god this car is crap.
any suggestions or help? Obviously I need to scan it but I can't any time soon. So any idea ladies and gents???

pic for clicks

with a flashing CEL you SHOULD NOT DRIVE THE CAR. This is telling you driving will cause damage to the Catalytic Converter....and based upon your statement of "clicking near the middle of the car" and "egg smell", you may have just killed you cat....by overheating it due to the issue that started with a flashing CEL...

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Help anyone? Car is running like poo (LSinLV)

Quote, originally posted by LSinLV »
with a flashing CEL you SHOULD NOT DRIVE THE CAR. This is telling you driving will cause damage to the Catalytic Converter....and based upon your statement of "clicking near the middle of the car" and "egg smell", you may have just killed you cat....by overheating it due to the issue that started with a flashing CEL...

thanks... Yeah thats what I feared. unfortunatly it started happening as I pulled onto my road so I just idled to my driveway and shut it off. Yeah well I was just curious if anyone had similar problems. I'll try to get someone to VAG it for me later if not I am just going to check my timing. I think the belt may have stretched and jumped a tooth or something equally as fukked up

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Help anyone? Car is running like poo (iluvVR6)

1.8T but thanks anyways! So i checked my timing and that is good, now I just have to bribe a local dubber to come to my house and vag com this piece.
anytakers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.