VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get a call from my girl who has a 98 cabby and she says her check engine light is blinking and her car is driving all herky jerky. it has been raining like mad all day here so i dont know if that has anything to do with it. when i was on the phone with her she said her car completely died then she started it right back up. HELP

· Registered
295 Posts
maybe is a Hose in the Intake Maniful and your car is losing pressure... (I don't now if I said it right)
Spanish:
Revisa las mangueras de Vacio del Maniful de Admision del Carro, la vez pasada me paso lo mismo de la luz de check y el carro se moria. Era una manguera floja, solo la ajuste bien y todo cool.

· Banned
7,165 Posts
Re: (polanhe)

Sounds like something with the ignition. Most likely the coil pack. spray it down really good with some WD-40 and then try and start it. If it runs good then thats the problem. Also check the plug wires make sure there is no cracks in the wires, if there are then the wires are arcing. I think a coilpack is about $100 new, maybe you can find a used one. Probably what happened was it cracked from moisture.
oh and check for vacuum leaks
if the CEL is blinking don't drive the car
if it is just on, consider it normal

· Registered
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (ThisAin'tNoCivic)

thanks for the super fast response guys. she is in slow traffic on her way up to my work, she had to come past here anyhow so i am going to check it out when she gets here. hopefully it's something simple, i am going to flush her auto tranny tonight i think.

· Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Re: (synthsis)

Check the coil Joe - had this problem strand some friends @ H20 2003.

· Registered
19,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (polanhe)

sh!t, talk about throwing salt on the wound. i do the rotor just cause, the cap looked ok. so we go out for something to eat and i get pulled over driving her cabby, taillight out apparantly, which i weird since i was driving behind her last night and both were ok. so i get this $54 ticket, i turn around and come home, open the trunk, fiddle with the taillight inside cover and POOF the light comes back on. it's been on of them days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.